10: Hesitation

Two hours rolled by quickly and both CEOs had just ended their meeting. As boss stepped out of his office to send him off, Mr. Anderson's eyes found mine as he winked at me.

I bowed politely, though thoroughly disgusted with his stares, especially on my cleavage.

While boss was, on the other hand, trying to keep his cool as he sent him until the lobby.

I turned my attention back to the task at hand and occupied myself with the load of work awaiting me.

As I was too engrossed in the admin work, I did not even realise that boss was standing beside my desk, watching me.

I looked up, jumping in fright at his presence as his lips tilted up into a smirk.

Bending forward slightly, he lifted my chin to match his gaze before locking lips.

I gasped, surprised by his actions as I tried to push him away. He pulled me up with him and had me pinned against the desk in seconds with my wrists in his tight grip.

Pulling away, his hungry gaze raked across my body as my face heated up.

This was too much.

"Going to refuse me again?" He stated dryly, smirking at my astonished reaction. I gulped, swallowing my saliva.

I wasn't going to like where this sh*t was heading to.

"I won't touch you, until you beg me for it." He paused, rubbing circles on my inner thigh as I bit back a moan. "But that doesn't mean that you're not mine, because you belong to me."

Gritting my teeth, I murmured in a rage, "Never in your wildest dreams, Declan."

Hoping that my words would make him give up, I didn't expect that his smirk would grow wider.

"We shall see about that, babe."

++++

I walked into the lounge and began to make a cup of coffee to wake my dying brain.

That stupid boss had given me a pile of admin work to complete, said that the deadline was tomorrow.

He was deliberately trying to kill me with this sh*t. Was this his way of making me beg him to touch me?

That will never happen.

Walking back to my desk in a state of drowsiness, I took in a few sips of the coffee before keeping my eyes trained on the screen in front of me.

This was going to be a long night.

++++

After hours of hard work, my work was eventually completed as I began to stretch my limbs.

Whipping my head towards the clock, my eyes widened when I realised that it was half past three in the morning.

It would be no use heading home since I only had a few hours to sleep before reporting for work in the morning.

Boots hit the polished floor as boss emerged from the shadows. He checked his watch before looking at me.

"It seems to me that you have no choice but to stay over." He said with a smirk tugged on his lips.

"It's fine. I will sleep here."

My eyes widened at his next sentence, "No, you will sleep in my room."

"You are crazy. Why would I even sleep in your room?" I stated the obvious, almost yelling at him.

He simply chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "If you're worried about sleeping in the same bed as me, you don't have to worry about that. I am taking the couch tonight."

I let out a sigh and bobbed my head up and down in response. He spun on his heels and walked back to his office while I followed behind him.

He threw me his oversized top and a pair of boxers, motioning towards the bathroom. I complied and quickly stripped as I took a quick bath.

When I was done, I squeezed my wet hair and slipped on the oversized top without a bra.

Like hell would I care if he would see. I was simply too tired to fight with him.

Folding my arms, I reappeared into his room just as he had pulled a shirt over his head.

He turned around as if sensing my presence, smirking at me. "You look sexy as hell in my shirt." He commented, raking his eyes across my body before resting on my folded arms where I was hiding my bare breasts.

"I will return you after I have washed it." I replied, looking away as my face heated up.

He didn't say anything else, but laid on the couch while I slipped under the sheets and shut my eyelids.

I was comfortable in this position, until arms were wrapped around my waist, alerting me that there was someone else.

Declan. Again.

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

29th August 2016