30: Regret

"Terence..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say as he caught us molding lips together.

F*ck, if only I could have controlled myself, maybe things wouldn't have messed up.

His eyes were burning through my skull as he clenched his teeth tightly.

"I thought you were different from other women, Natalie." He spat angrily. "Perhaps, I was wrong about you."

I slowly walked towards him, shaking my head. "I'm sorry, Terence. I-I didn't want things to turn this way either."

He took in a deep breath and looked at me closely. "Admit it, Natalie. You have been taking me for granted while you were pregnant and alone."

A tear rolled down my cheek as I digested his words. What he has said was a fact, I was just a selfish bitch who couldn't get over the man who broke my heart so badly.

"And, your heart did not stay with me either." With that said, he turned and left.

I stood there, stoned. All I felt was guilt and remorse at this moment.

He was right, I had taken his feelings for granted.

Declan suddenly turned me around and stared into my eyes. "Babe, you are pregnant?"

I didn't know what happened, but the next thing I know, I was hitting him.

"It's all your fault, asshole. It's all your fault for landing me pregnant. It's all your fault for not ending your playboy ways. It's all your fault for breaking my heart once more." I cried, feeling his arms encircle my waist tightly.

Eventually, I stopped fighting and let my sobs fill the whole room.

"I'm so tired of everything." I whispered, leaning against him with heavy eyelids.

++++

I woke up, finding myself at a deserted place. I looked around me to find nothing but trees.

My eyes found a pair of eyes staring back at me. A beautiful little girl with two pigtails.

She widened her arms and smiled widely, revealing her dimples. "Mommy."

I carried her up and spun her around in delight. She giggled, laughing at the same time as we went in circles and circles.

"Tania..."

I jolted awake as I noticed Declan hovering over me with concern.

"Are you alright, babe?"

I stared at him, confused. "What happened?"

"You kept calling out Tania's name in your dream. Did you encounter a nightmare?"

I shook my head, slowly turning to the side as I held onto my belly protectively. The baby might be a girl.

If the baby is really a girl, I will name her, 'Tania'. She will not take after her father's surname, but mine instead.

I have decided to raise the child by myself.

"Babe? Are you still mad at me?"

I rolled my eyes. "I don't see a need to respond to you. Get out."

He sighed, slowly shutting the door before he left.

I closed my eyes, letting hot tears fall freely as I can't let my child grow up normally like the rest.

I won't let my child acknowledge the father. I don't need him in my life anyway.

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

14th January 2017