32: In A Heartbeat

I looked away, frustrated with this guy as he persistently tried to get my attention. "Please, babe. Give me a chance to explain myself. I swear that I loved you and no one else. I will risk my life to protect you."

"Protect me?" I questioned scornfully in disbelief.

Lies. His mouth were always full of lies and nothing else. I will never believe this man again.

"If you have not been busy kissing his PA, perhaps you would have saved me from being raped by that man!" I screamed with hate and disgust dripping from my voice.

"Even thinking about it makes me sick to the core." I whispered, tears spilling down my cheeks with horror as memories of what happened that night flashed across my mind.

"What?" He stared at me, jaws clenched tightly in anger. "How did he..." He trailed off, only to be suddenly reminded of something.

"It all makes sense now."

I stared at him with confusion and disbelief. "What the hell are you talking about?"

He sat down next to me and caressed my cheek, leaning his forehead against mine. "I'm sorry. If only I hadn't drunk that spiked cider, I wouldn't have mistaken her as you."

I tensed. Was he speaking the truth?

"Things wouldn't have turned this way." He whispered, his voice full of remorse and guilt.

I stared at him, my heart softening as it hurts to see him like this. It wasn't his fault. It was those two who broke us apart.

Eventually, it was also my fault for not placing my trust on him.

"It isn't your fault." I wheezed out after a moment of tensed silence. "It's the trust between us that was easily broken."

He snapped his eyes up at me, staring at me intensely.

"You know what?" I sighed heavily, a mild headache already forming. "I just want to sleep and get this over with."

"Babe..."

"I want to start afresh with you." I said with determination, closing my eyes briefly.

A kiss was placed on my forehead as I looked up to see his loving eyes staring into mine.

"You're willing to forget about the past and forgive me, I can't be any happier than this day."

His eyes rested on my belly, staring at his child lovingly. I smiled, taking his hand as I rested it on the surface.

"Feel the heartbeat? It's ours." I softly said, admiring the look of awe in his eyes as he stared at our product of love.

"I can't believe that I am going to be a father soon either." He chuckled, pulling me in for a kiss.

I melted into his arms instantly, wrapping my arms around his neck as I longed to have those lips of his on mine.

Passion ignited in our souls and we made love again, this time, his focus were on me.

Only me, and no one else.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

Sad to say that this book is coming to an end. But no worries, the next update will be the epilogue ;)

27th January 2017