11: Why Can't You?

When I opened my notifications, I was shocked with the overwhelming votes and books added to reading lists! It really made this week the best week of my life ❤️ And shockingly, we have reached 10k+ reads! So here's an early update to celebrate. Please enjoy ;)

I shivered involuntarily, clasping my hands over his warm ones and tried to pull them away from my waist.

However, it was redundant. He just wouldn't budge.

Pretty annoying.

"Declan." I groaned in frustration, hitting his legs with mine to get him to move.

"Hush, baby. Just let me hug you in this position." He whispered, his breath fanning my left ear.

"Why?"

His arms around my waist tightened incredibly, though he did gave me some space to breathe.

His lips made contact with my exposed shoulder blade where the large shirt I was wearing had uncovered some portion of my skin.

I froze instantly, blinking furiously as I tried to regain my senses.

What the sh*t was going on? My emotions were flying all over the place.

I was feeling a mix of bliss and confusion.

"I am confused with myself." He stated which made me open my mouth to say something when his nose ran down the nape of my neck.

I shuddered slightly, hesitating whether to ask what he had meant by those words.

What could possibly make him be confused with himself? What made him think this way?

"Why are you... confused with yourself?" I asked, licking my lips as I tasted my chapped lips.

"Your mere presence makes me feel that way."

Shocked at his words, I gulped and felt my breath hitched at the back of my throat.

"Stop, I don't want to listen anymore." I whispered, covering my ears as I panicked.

He was manipulating my mind again. All the trouble for just a simple f*ck.

No, I won't ever be affected by his words. I won't let him have what he wants.

"Why can't you-" I closed my eyes at his words and covered the duvets over my head, covering my ears tightly.

Ignoring everything he had said, I thought about the good things instead.

A new car, preferably Camry brand or a studio apartment nearby.

Just by thinking about the good things in life, I was able to distract myself from what he was saying.

He was definitely saying things that would manipulate my innocent mind.

And he would have the chance to f*ck me and throw me away like a used toy.

Insecure was all I felt, as long as I was around him.

++++

Waking up the next morning, I threw the covers off my face and groaned, shifting to the side.

Leaning my temple against my clasped hands, I found a comfortable spot which lulled me to sleep once again.

Wait. If it was morning, wouldn't I have work to do?

Opening my eyes, I adjusted to the light in the room before figuring out where I was.

Office.

Room.

Bed. Wait, bed?

My eyes widened as I took in the sight of the room in a blurry state, slowly sitting up.

"Awake?" I snapped my head towards the right, upon hearing a husky voice.

Boss who was seated on the armchair was watching me with a hint of amusement.

Rubbing my face, I raked my fingers across my hair and yawned in an unladylike manner.

"I suppose you had a good sleep with me by your side the entire night." He stated, still watching me as I stretched my limbs.

Rolling my eyes, I mumbled, "Dream on." before my eyes landed on the shopping bag on the edge of the bed.

"I'm assuming that's mine." I said, inching my way towards the shopping bag as I pulled out the outfit.

Surprisingly, the pencil skirt was longer than the previous ones he had bought.

"What's with the sudden change in my attire?" I asked teasingly, looking at him who had a nonchalant look on his face.

"Didn't someone said that I should show off my curves more often?"

"That's when you're with me. No one is allowed to look at your curves except for me." He growled in a possessive manner as he stood up.

"But I'm only choosing this attire as we're going to meet Mr. Anderson at the construction site to oversee the project." He said, slowly walking towards me until he was in front of me.

He bent down and leveled his eyes with mine, staring at me with a hint of... concern?

"And I don't want him to make a move on you. So you have to be by my side at all times."

I stared at him in utter shock. He was actually concerned about me.

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

31st August 2016