23: Company Dinner

Curling one last strand of my hair, I let it flow in waves as I eyed myself in the mirror.

I looked so different like as though I was getting married when it actual, it was for a company dinner.

Yet, the thought of meeting Mr. Anderson again terrified me. I was so afraid that he would try funny business with me again.

I hated the bad vibe it was giving me even before the event has started.

My phone made a noise in the middle of nowhere, startling me as I picked it up.

Reaching in five minutes, babe.

My brain recovered from the shock when I remembered that boss was my date today. He wanted to appear in this important occasion with me beside him.

This was a first time.

Slipping on my heels, I grabbed my keys and made a sprint for the door when I realised that I was almost late.

I don't want him waiting for me, or rather I would mind it if I let him wait for me for so long.

It just made me feel bad.

Just as I pushed past the door from the lobby, a familiar car pulled up in front of me.

He winded down the window, revealing a dashing Declan. I smiled, opening the door as I entered.

"You look like you were in a rush." He commented, turning down the volume slightly.

I straightened my back and sat properly. "Well, how can I make the boss wait for me?" I reasoned, trying to act like we were professionals.

"Stop that, babe. You are not being yourself at all."

I sighed, "It's so nerve-wrecking. I'm just nervous." I loosened down a little in front of him with a depressed look plastered on my face.

"Nervous of what?" He huskily asked, his eyes landing on me as they raked across the features of my face.

"Appearing beside you on this special occasion." I said, heaving a huge sigh as I swallowed a huge lump in my throat nervously.

He clasped his hand over mine as he pulled up by the gates.

Doomsday has arrived.

"Don't worry, I will be here for you." He reassured, squeezing my hand.

It was as though something kicked me that made me want to clear my bowels.

I must be getting too nervous right now.

Sitting up, I looked at him with an urgent look. "I need the washroom."

"Are you serious?" He asked with a hint of amusement flickering across his eyes.

I nodded, climbing out of the car as I quickly rushed through the entrance.

After getting out of the cubicle, I began to wash my hands just as a girl who was around eleven began counting her fingers.

"Twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three..." She counted out loud, her brows pulled together with concentration.

She looked towards her mom who approached her and grinned widely. "Mom, my period came on the same date again."

My eyes widened in realisation. I just missed my period. It was supposed to come on the week before this.

Could it be?

I walked out of the washroom in a hurry to speak to Declan when I collided into a wall.

"Sorry." I muttered under my breath, looking up to see Mr. Anderson.

I cursed under my breath for not looking in front of me and knocked into him. Otherwise, I wouldn't have to bear looking at him.

"Hi, Mr. Anderson." I greeted with a forced smile, hating the fact that we were alone right now.

No one knows what he would do to me.

"Hey, gorgeous." He winked in an attempt to flirt as he picked up my hand and kissed my knuckles.

I almost threw up.

I yanked my hand away, wiping off his saliva with the material of my dress.

"That was gentlemanly. But Declan will not like that, so please refrain from doing that again." I stated, smiling awkwardly at him.

"Declan? Does he let you call him by his name or are you his girlfriend?"

I was totally stunned by the question thrown in my way. Girlfriend? Are we even an item?

"You must have misunderstood. We are purely just boss and secretary." I tried to explain even though he looked unconvinced.

"So, is that why he has been protecting you everytime I tried to get you under my skin? Are you sure about that?" He taunted, taking a step forward as he pinned me against the wall.

"Mr. Anderson!" I screamed, struggling against him as the tearing sounds of my dress filled my ears.

My dress was now torn to my chest where my bra was visibly showing. My legs were shaking as hot tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Hush, baby. I will make this less painful for you." He reassured, grinding against me as he tried to remove my bra.

He was suddenly ripped off from my body, making me sigh in relief as I closed my eyes.

I was saved.

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

22nd November 2016