Part 49

I woke up lying in the middle of the grassy field, blonde boob lady kneeling over me. "You're alive." She said, looking like she didn't really think I was. "No shit." I responded, even though my voice sounded like pure death. Once again, sign me up for the voice everybody. "Kabuto tore all the muscles around your heart trying to kill you." She explained. I nodded, as much as my current position allowed. "I see. You healed me and I'm not dead." I guessed, which she nodded to. "Here. You deserved this." She said, placing the crystalline blue necklace in my palm. "Thanks?" I asked, closing my fingers around it. "You remind me of my brother." She said. "I remind you of a dude?" I asked, bewildered. She rolled her eyes. "No. Why does Jiraiya take in kids that are almost as dumb as him? Anyways, you'll be a great hokage one day." She said, patting me on the head. "So you'll be hokage for now right?" I asked, pushing myself up to a sitting position. "I suppose I'll have to for now, or I'll never hear the end of it from your idiot teacher." She said, glaring pointedly at Pervy Sage. I smirked, glancing at her. "He'd make a way better hokage than you." I taunted. "You wanna fight?" She asked, a vein popping on her forehead. "Bring it." I said, springing to my feet. She was in my face in a second, and I threw my hands up to not lose an eyeball, but all I felt was a gentle kiss on my forehead. I stared as she walked away. "OLD LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screeched, rubbing my forehead furiously to get any old lady spit off. 

Iruka sensei promised he'd meet me for ramen after I got back, so I sprinted towards Ichiraku as fast as my tiny kid legs could carry me. As I neared, I spotted him standing there, waiting for me. I skidded to a stop just before I crashed into him. "HI SENSEI." I screeched, starting him. He chuckled. "Nice to see you again Rin. Let's eat." He said, taking a seat. "1 bowl of miso pork ramen please!" I said delightedly, clapping my hands. As we waiting for the ramen to be made, Iruka sensei and I chatted like old times. "That's a neat necklace you've got there." He said, gesturing at the blue crystal that hung from my neck. "Yeah isn't it cool? I almost died to get it but that doesn't matter." I said, waving him off. "You look tired." He noted with a chuckle as I rested my head on my hand. "Not gonna lie that's pretty true." I said, yawning. I didn't even hear his response as my eyelids closed and sleep took over me. 

(AN: Ayyyyyy 2 updates in close proximity is this even real life? I know this chapter was super short too but ehhhhhh I tried, kinda, sorta, lil bit. Anyways, next chapter will be the last one and I dunno it's pretty satisfying to finish a book with 50 chapters exACTLY. I know it's kind of bad to end a book super early but I don't really want this one to be like every typical Naruto fanfiction and for the book to continue until Rin dies from old age or something because frankly I would never have the patience or the creativity to write that much to be perfectly honest. I might add some chapters like holiday specials just for the sake of it because I still love Naruto and I still love to write about it I just don't want to keep this book going FOREVER if you know what I mean, because you guys would probably get bored of it too. I'm 99% sure the next chapter I'll publish today unless I get super sick in the span of an hour or something else weird happens. Thanks for reading this far and the next chapter will be the last!)