Part 35

-Rin's POV-

"We can talk as much as we like, thank you very much." Shikamaru said, narrowing his eyes. The other six genin had joined us as well. " Ah, I see. You're the rookie nine genin I've heard about. Feel free to ask for any advice, I'm a chuunin exam veteran. This is my seventh time taking it." He said, pulling out a pack of cards. I snorted. "Must take a lot of skill to fail the chuunin exams six times in a row." I grumbled quietly, causing Sasuke to snicker. He either didn't hear me, or chose to ignore me, because he launched in to another explanation. "These cards are filled with info. Though they appear blank, once I pour my chakra in to them, the info appears." He said, laying the deck on the ground. "Is there any information I can help you find? A name, a village." He said, pushing up his glasses again. Sasuke was the one who cut in. "Get me inf on Gaara of the Sand, and Rock Lee from the leaf." "Uzumaki Rin from the leaf too." Ino added in, giving me a look. "Aww, you know the names already? That's no fun. Well, first up is rock lee from the leaf." He said, a bunch of writing poofing up onto a card. 

"Rock Lee. He's a year older than you. Missions, 20 D-rank, 12 C-rank. His taijutsu skills are outstanding, but his other ones are pretty shaky. This is his first time participating in the chuunin exams, with his teammates Neji Hyuuga, and Tenten." I groaned. Another Hyuuga. Greeaaat. "Next up is Gaara. Missions, 0 D-rank, 8 C-rank, and, wow, two B rank as a genin. He managed to return from his missions without a scratch." He said, sounding impressed. Everyone seemed kind of weary about competing with this guy. "Last up is Uzumaki RIn." Kabuto said, spinning a card. Everyone turned to look at me. "Uzumaki Rin, Mission, 25 D-rank, 4 C-rank, wha, 8 B-rank." Everyone stared at me. Well it's not my fault I managed to convince the 3rd to let me go on solo B rank mission. "The B ranks, when..." Sakura asked, completely confused. I kept quiet. "Equally skilled in ninjutsu and taijutsu. Genjutsu's kind of shaky though. She also specialises in... Bukijutsu, Bunshinjutsu, Fuuinjustu, Kenjutsu, and kinjutsu." He said, glancing at me with a raised eyebrow. " What are all those fancy words?" Choji asked, munching on chips. "Bukijutsu is weapon techniques, Bunshinjutsu is a cloning technique, Fuuinjutsu is sealing, kenjutsu is sword, and kinjutsu is forbidden." Shino explained, being one of the smart one in the group. "I didn't know you guys had such a cool teammate!" Ino exclaimed. Before anyone else could speak, I noticed a group of ninja standing not too far off, glaring at us. Genin from the village hidden in the sound. I immediately stiffened and narrowed my eyes. What were sound ninja doing at the chuunin exams? "Who's that?" Asked a loud voice. Sakura was gesturing to the sound genin. "Genin from the village hidden in the sound. It's a small village, and no one really knows too much about it." Kabuto said, doing his signature glasses push. I rolled my eyes. "If you push up your glasses one more time, I'm going to crack them." I hissed, annoyed at his behaviour.

Suddenly, a blob jumped in to the air. Everyone turned to look. One of the sound genin. His fist came close to Kabuto's face, but he leaned back, dodging the attack. Or so he'd thought. A second later, his glasses cracked. and he fell on the floor. "Hm. calling us a small unimportant village." Said the genin, walking away. "OMG Kabuto are you okay!?" Sakura squeaked, kneeling down beside him. He coughed. "Yeah, I'm fine." I rolled my eyes. "And he calls himself a chuunin exam veteran." I grumbled under my breath. "What's going on here?" Asked a cold voice. Standing behind us was what I guessed was another team. One with a bowl cut and double decker eyebrows, one was a girl with her hair pulled up into two buns, and the last was a long haired guy with lavender eyes. A hyuuga. "I'm assuming you guys are Rock Lee, Tenten, and Neji Hyuuga?" I asked. Neji raised his eyebrows. "You know us?" He asked a bit skeptically. I shrugged. "Heard some things here and there." I said, holding out my hand for him to shake. Tenten was the one who warmly shook my hand. "Uzumaki Rin, right? Gai sensei's told us a lot about you." She said with a small smile. I opened my mouth to speak, but I was rudely interupted by a loud voice, and a cloud of smoke. "Be quiet all of you maggots!!! The first test is about to begin."