Part 19

Rin's POV

Sensei, Sasuke, Sakura, Tazuna, the boatman, and I drifted on the foggy sea soundlessly. He'd explained to us that this Gato dude was after him, and blah blah blah, we agreed to keep guarding him, blah blah blah. The conversation got so boring, I just zoned out and stared at the water.

Brushing my bangs away that covered my right eye, I looked at my reflection. I haven't told anyone this yet, but the poison from the kunai during the sound ninja incident wasn't completely out of my system, and it caused the cut to scar, and my right eye to turn blood red.

Well, I'd shown Hinata, and she had a panic attack, so I didn't plan on showing anyone else. I sighed, letting my hair fall back into place. The fog cleared up as the boatman dropped us off.

As we walked through the forest, I fiddled with my leather sword strap, glancing at Kakashi sensei. He looked kinda nervous. Well no wonder. Next time, Gato won't be sending chunin, he'll send elite jonin. If he did that, chances of survival would dwindle even farther than they already were.

Suddenly, I heard a rustle in the bushes. Before anyone could react, I threw a kunai in that direction. Peering over the bushes, I saw a scared to death white furred rabbit, with my kunai inches above it's head.

My first instinct was to yell out, "Oh! Sorry little rabbit!" But then I realized, wait. It's the middle of summer. Rabbits only have white fur for camouflage in the winter. During spring, their fur changes into a light brown. That could only mean... My eyes narrowed. "Kid, this doesn't feel good." Kurama muttered in my head. My eyes darted around. I saw a flash of metal. "Get down!" Yelled Kakashi sensei, shoving Sakura and Sasuke down. I tackled Tazuna to the ground as a humongous sword flew over our heads, lodging in to a tree. A pair of feet with cow patterned leg warmers landed on the sword handle.

"Ah, no wonder why the demon brothers failed. They were up against Kakashi of the Sharingan." Said the cow dude. Chuckling.