Part 6

Rin's POV

I woke up to a pounding migraine and an annoying beeping noise. Slowly, I opened my eyes. I was in a hospital room, and soft moonlight filtered through the window. I glanced at the clock. 12:00 midnight. Great. "Hey kid, you almost got me killed."said a loud and deep voice. Suddenly I was standing in ankle deep water and in front of me was a humongous cage. An enormous fox stared at me. "Who in the hell are you? and where am I?" I asked. Completely confused. "You are in your subconscious mind. And I am the kyuubi. You've probably heard of me before." My eyebrows cocked up, and then it all made sense. That was why everyone in the village looked at me like that
Hn, and no one tells me. Figures.

"It's not their fault. There is a decree that forbids them to tell you anything. The fact that the yondaimehokage sealed me in you, and some more stuff." Hn, great. "Well doesn't that decree sorta apply to you?" I asked kyuubi. "I ain't listening to anyone, I'm the most powerful demon in the world!" I snorted. "Well it was nice meeting you kyuubi" I said with a smile. Kyuubi paused. "Don't call me kyuubi, kid" Kyuubi grunted. I furrowed my brows. "Then what do you want me to call you?" "Kurama. That's my real name. And you should get back to the real world now." Kyu- I mean Kurama growled. I sighed and smiled at him one last time. then I was back in the hospital room.

Out of habit, I glanced at the clock. It was 12:02. Kurama and I had only been talking for 2 minutes? I realized I was in flimsy hospital PJ"s so I grabbed my clothes off the stool and headed over to the tiny bathroom to change.

When I looked in the mirror, my face was the same, except the fact that a jagged scar went over my eye, resembling a bolt of lightning. Well, a nice war wound huh? After I got dressed, I realized my sword scabbard was empty. I had a mini heart attack, but I saw it sitting on a table in the room. I walked over and picked it up. The cold, smooth metal weighing familiar in my hands. I sheathed it in the scabbard quietly.

I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, so I opened the door and wandered down the hall. It wasn't long before I ran in to a medic. Her name was Kitsune. "What are you doing out of bed?" She huffed. "I can't sleep and I feel perfectly fine." I replied blankly. "Well, you've fully recovered, so you're free to go." She said, writing on a clipboard. I smiled and thanked her,then ran back home. I stopped halfway. Since I couldn't sleep, I didn't really have much choice but to train. "Kid, be quiet while you train, I'm trying to sleep." I giggled at kurama, and carried on training.

-6 hours later-

I had been training for six hours straight and I was drenched in sweat. I figured I might as well take a shower and eat breakfast, so I dragged myself home.

-1 hour later-

Full and refreshed, I headed towards the academy. Tomorrow was the graduation test, so I figured we'd probably just prepare for it today. I headed in to class about 10 minutes early to say hi to Iruka sensei. I knocked on the door, and Iruka sensei opened it looking a little surprised to see me. "Rin! It looks like you're feeling better! You had me scared to death!" I smiled apologetically. "Sorry sensei, I didn't mean to worry you." "No it's all right! Thank you, for protecting the students, and me too." He said, scratching his head, embarrassed. I smiled and told him there wasn't anything to worry about, and I took my seat.

About 5 minutes later, Sasuke, AKA duckbutt sulked in to class. I didn't bother saying anything, and I nodded in greeting. He nodded back, and plopped down beside me. "You look more annoyed then usual. What happened?" I asked. Sasuke sighed. "I got chased around by a pink haired banshee, an annoying blonde, and like 20 other girls I didn't even know." I winced, feeling sorry for Sasuke. Then as if on cue, the annoying blonde and the pink haired banshee walked in, arguing about who was sitting with Sasuke, as usual. Sakura noticed that I was sitting beside Sasuke, and screamed, "MOVE YOU EMO GIRL!" I sighed, and rolled my eyes. "I'm not doing anything for you Sakura" I retorted. "Sasuke-kun, can I sit beside you?" Ino asked sweetly. Sasuke simply remained silent.

"Rin, MOVE!" Sakura screamed again. I turned to her and hissed. "Bother me and I will shove a stick down your throat." Sakura and Ino scampered to the other side of the room and sat down. Sasuke grinned. "Nice" He said. "You're not the only one who's bothered by fangirls" I said.

Soon enough, more students filed in to the class, and it started. Iruka sensei was busy lecturing us about the graduation exam for the WHOLE day, so I zoned out. Finally, class was over, and I dragged myself out. Phew. Long day.