Part 18

Rin's POV

I glanced to my left. Sasuke and Sensei had also noticed the puddle, but of course, Sakura was as clueless as ever. As we neared it, Sasuke quietly pulled out a kunai, and sensei just watched. Most likely seeing what we could do.

My hand went to my waist, where a dagger was sheathed lengthwise on my lower back. I purposely pulled it out with a quiet, but hearable zing noise. Sakura turned around, noticing, and pulled out a kunai.

As expected, two ninja jumped out of the puddle, wrapping sensei in chains and cutting him to pieces. Sakura gasped in shock, but stood in front of the bridge builder, ready to defend. One of the ninja lunged at me with poisoned metal claws. I parried it quickly, and planted my hands on the ground. Giving him a roundhouse kick in the face, sending him flying in to his friend there. Sasuke slammed in to them with pinpoint accuracy, and they tumbled in to a tree, bound by their own chains.

To make sure they didn't escape, Sasuke jammed a kunai in the mass of chains. Sakura put away her kunai, Kakashi emerged from the trees, just fine, and I sheathed my dagger. High fiving Sasuke and smirking. Sakura stared at Kakashi open mouthed. "I thought you were dead!!!!" She yelled. Sasuke snorted. "As if a jonin would get killed on a C rank mission." He grunted.

Sensei casually strolled up to the two ninja. "So, how does it feel to get your butts kicked by two Genin?" He asked cheerfully. One snarled. The other asked, "how did you know that we were hiding in that puddle?" I spoke up this time. "Come on, a puddle in the middle of the path when it's the middle of summer and hasn't rained for a week? Rookie mistake." I sneered.

Kakashi turned to Tazuna. "Well, it didn't seem like they were after me or my team, so care to explain?" He asked, venom dripping in his tone. Sakura looked confused, Tazuna looked scared, but Sasuke and I suspected it all along. "You said that we were just protecting you against robbers and thugs, you never said that people were targeting you. " I said. "Exactly. If you were being hunted, then this would be a B rank mission, if not A rank." Sasuke agreed.

Tazuna sighed. "Well it seems that you have me figured out. I couldn't afford requesting for a B rank, so I told them it was just mild protection. Well, are you just going to dump me here now?" He grunted. Sensei shrugged. "It's the team's decision. I don't care." He said. We exchanged glances. "Well, there's no point in starting a mission and not finishing it." Sasuke grunted. Sakura nodded hesitantly. Tazuna was staring at us with an open mouth.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face. "Oi! We said yes! Now let's get your butt to the land of waves I'm one piece!"