Part 17

Rin's POV

I woke up the next morning, and immediately fed Aerius. My new partner. His wing was a lot better, thanks to my wolves. I made him stay at home, I didn't want him to injure his wing again.

"Oh yay." I groaned. C rank missions with Sakura, Sasuke, and Sensei. Ugh. Kakashi was like, three hours late again, no surprise. When he'd finally gotten there, his excuses lame as usual, we dragged ourselves over to the hokage building.

"A C rank mission please, lord Hokage." Sensei said politely. Lord 3rd blew smoke out of his pipe and smiled. "I already have that prepared for you. Iruka, let the client in." The second he walked in, I hated him. He was really, well, gross. And not to mention he reeked of alcohol.

His eyes slid over us lazily, and he said, "these little brats are going to protect me? I'm screwed." Sasuke rolled his eyes, and an anime vein popped up on Sakura's head. Sensei just sighed, "don't worry, I'm a jonin." The dude just snorted. "You better protect me with your lives, brats."

My eyes narrowed. Protecting with your life isn't a requirement for C rank missions. I thought. I walked out after everyone else, very suspicious.

"My name is Tazuna, I'm building a bridge that will lead this world to peace. You better get me there alive." He said, attempting to be menacing. I snorted, rolling my eyes. He glanced at me. "Think you're so cool emo girl?" He sneered. I held back the urge to punch him. Everyone, I mean, Everyone knew that I absolutely hated being called emo girl. Sure, my hair covers my right eye, but that doesn't mean I'm emo.

When Tazuna said that, everyone visibly stiffened. Especially Kakashi. Once he'd called me emo during a mission and I beat the crap out of him. Everything seemed to be perfectly peaceful, that is, until I saw a puddle on the ground.