Chapter 12

"Of course I'll stay with you, Tobin.", she gives me a tired smile and we walk in.
"The police will come tomorrow..", I mumble when we change into out pyjamas. We get into bed and Kelley asks again:
"What happend, Toby?"
"Oh well.. So I always said that mommy died in an accident. But she didn't. She got murdered while I was watching..", I start crying again. The wounds are still too fresh..
"I-i'll leave the details out. But the murderer was Servando's father. But the curt didn't believe me so he got away with it. Dad wanted to move away to forget her. The funeral took place here too, so that she's with us here. Little did we know that the Carassco's live here in Diamond Bar! And his asshole of a son beat me up the first day of school because I like his girlfriend. Wait what? Did I actually say that I like her? Oh whatever. She was supposed to spend the night with me yesterday and everything went well. But then Servando called her and she left the room.. I still understood every single word. She was talking about destroying my life, gaining my trust and the next night with him.. I felt my blood boil and threw her out of my house, when she wanted to explain something about Servando's family but as soon as she said the name Carassco, I remebered everything and that's when I called you.. For the rest you were with me..", I explain. The doctor was right; it's good talking about everything.
"Toby, I'm so sorry.. I really don't know what to say! But I'm always there for you. But may I ask; why do you like Alex?", she sais.
"I-I don't know! I just fell for her.. For her laugh, her deep blue eyes and her kisses.. I thought I fell for her character too, but I realised that I don't. I don't know her and she's playing a dirty game with me.. But it's always like that. I always fall for the wrong people, Kels. I always get hurt.. And I'm tired of getting hurt!", I say and Kelley gives me a big hug.
"I'm always here for you, Toby.. Always.", she whispers.
"And I think you should play at our first match in two days. Do it like the doctor said; focus on soccer. Do what you love. And show Alex that she's not destroying you.", she adds.
"I will, Kels. Thank you so much.", I say
"You don't have to thank me, Tobin. That's what best friends are there for. Or is it too soon to call it best friends?", she replies.
"No, it isn't. I'll always be there for you too, Kels.", I say and quickly fall asleep.

Time skip to after school the next day..

I'm heading to practise right now. I didn't talk to Alex the whole day. I didn't even look at her. I head to the lockers room with Kelley and quickly get changed. I'm the first one stepping on the field and walk up to Jill.
"Hello Jill. I wanted to talk to you for a moment please.", I say.
"Of course, Tobin. Whats wrong?", she replies.
"As you may have already heard, the man who took my mother's life has finally been arrested two days ago. I just wanted to say that if I'm not focusing, it's not because I don't want to, it's because this whole thing brought back memories, which I thought that I had already forgotten. But I'm trying to give my all.", I say.
"Yes, Tobin. I heard of it from the principal and you have my full respect, Tobin. I'd also like you to start tomorrow at the game.", she smiles and Kelley joins.
"Did you tell her?", she asks and I nod.
"I'm so proud of you!", she smiles and kicks me a ball.
We had practise for one and a half hour and I still didn't talk to Alex. We played together but I didn't even look at her. I wont be the one to make the first move again! Not even in her dreams. I quickly change and head out of school with Kelley, followed by Julie, Hope and Chris. Behind us walks Alex all alone..
"TOBIN!", I voice screams from the parking.
"JEREMY!", I scream back. It's my brother and my sisters! They wanted to come earliee, since the case got re-arranged. I run up to them and Jeremy sits me on his shoulders.
"Heyyy let me down!", I laugh and he does. My sisters, Katie and Perry give me a big hug together.
"We're so proud of you, lil sis!", Perry smiles and gives me a kiss on the forehead. I look at Katie and see that she hasn't slept for days.
"Hey Kat. You're okay?", I ask.
"Yes. It's just- all this trouble and re-arraging this case got to me a little bit..", she sais and hugs me.
"I'm so proud of you. And mom would be proud too..", she whispers into my ear. I smile and see the others standing a bit apart from us. I give them a sign to come over.
"Sooo guys. This is Kelley, my new best friend.", I point at her.
"Nice to meet you guys! Toby told me a lot about you!", Kelley smiles.
"And this is Hope, our goalie. Hope Solo; remember that name! She'll be a legend one day!", I smile and Hope blushes a bit.
"Nice to meet ya, Solo", Jer smiles.
"And this is Christen, our striker! The best striker on this planet", I smirk at her. She smiles.
"And here we have Julie, chief of the defenders together with Kelley!", I say and my siblings say hello to her.
"We got a game tomorrow; you three should come! Tobin is a badass on the field!!", Kelley giggles and jumps on my back. She always does that.. I smile.. I'm happy now, even after all that happend.. But stending here with my family, my friends.. I couldn't be happier.. I smile and a little tear of joy runs down my cheek..