Chapter 24

ALEX' POV

I am so glad that Tobin is still there for me. After all I've done to that poor girl.. But it wasn't easy for me either.. I really do miss mom and dad.. I pull Tobin closer and sob into her shoulder. Gosh I missed her so much and I hate myself for letting her go.

"What did you do the whole time?", I ask and look at her.
"Nothing special I guess. Thinking about you..", she sais and looks down.
"Really? I-", she interrupts me.
"Oh wait yes! I did come out to my siblings and it was amazing! I never felt that accepted and loved in my entire life!", she smiles.

There it is. Her million dollar smile. The smile I've waited for so long. It illuminates my whole life. The darkness goes away and I can finally see again..
Tears run down my face.

"I missed your smile so much..", I mumble trough the tears and she smiles even brighter.
"I've missed you too, Alex. I missed your sparkly eyes.. And they didn't shine as bright as they used to when we met earlier.. But now they do.", she sais smiling and I smile back.

We hug again and it just feels so good to have her back in life again.

"Tobin, I know that you'll probably won't want it, but I- um- I- need help. It's hard to live on your own and I can't do it. I just can't. I-", I say and she grabs my hand.
"It's okay, babygirl. You can stay at my house as long as you want. Just never hurt me again. That's your last chance and your only chance to let me forget our past, okay?", she smiles and I nod. Thank god. She gives me one last chance and I'm not gonna mess it up!

"How bout we go to you house, pack your things and go to mine?", she asks and I nod again.

We get up and walk back to my car, hand in hand..

Timeskip to after dinner at Tobin's

I'm at Tobin's now. I moved into her room with her and we just had dinner with Kelley and Julie. Tobin never told me that she moved in with them so I was kinda surprised but happy.
We're in her -or should I say our?- room sitting on the bed and talking about what happend in the past weeks.
Tobin almost falls asleep and we decide to go to bed. We quickly change and go into bed. Laying bext to her makes me feel safe and reminds me of the good old times.. I missed this a lot!
She's almost asleep and reaches out with her hands, trying to find something to cuddle with and she snuggels into me. Her arms are wrapped around my waist and her head rests on my shoulder. Damn I missed this so much.. What did I do?!
I wrap my arms around her waist too and rest my head on her chest. Hearing and feeling her heart beating lets me fall asleep very, very quick..