Chapter 37

The weeks passed and Tobin and Christen got very close. Tobin's best friend is Kelley, but it was different with Christen. She didn't know why but it was different. Alex hasn't called or texted but Tobin is slowly getting back to normal. Also Christen made her way back into life. They get along very well and spend nearly all their time together. Little did they know that soon, something will happen that tears both of their lives apart again....

TOBIN'S POV

Christen and I, we got something special.. Since Alex decided to step out of my life, I kinda developed sort of- feelings for Christen. Don't get me wrong; I still love Alex and I miss her more than ever, but I also have strong feelings for Christen. I'm very confused, but I hope that my feelings for Christen will go away when Alex comes back. And it's almost halftime; she comes back in four months already! I know it still seems long, but I already made it through two months and I#m very proud of that. Chris helped me so much and not forget to mention Kelley, she's so supportive. I am so damn lucky and glad to have such great friends!

But this morning, when I woke up, something was different. I didn't feel the bond, Alex and I had. Usually, I wake up and my heart feels warm because it is kinda related with Alex# heart. I usually feel it when she's ill or upset, without seeing her. But this morning, it's different.

I feel nothing..

And it's clearly not my fault..

The doorbell rings and I sprint to the door and open it. It's Christen! With breakfast!

"Hey Tobs. I thought I'd get us some breakfast. Can I come in?", she asks smiling.

"Sure! Thanks for coming!", I say and smile back.

We sit down in the kitchen and eat and talk and laugh a lot. I enjoy being around her ao much..

"Oh my god it's already 10am! I need to go to my mom's ASAP!", she bursts out with full mouth.

She grabs her jacket and sprints out of the flat.

"See ya Tobs!", she yells from downstairs and then I can hear her slamming the door.

'What a long conversation', I say sacarsticly to myself as I do the dishes and clean the table.

Then, it happens.

My phone rings and I pick it up.

"Hey yo it's Tobito, who's there?", I say, laughing about what I just said.

"It's me. Alex.", answers the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. I immedialty stop laughing and feel my eyes water.

"It's you.. How have you been?", I whisper.

"Good. And you?", she sais harsh.

"Well.. To be honest.. Horrible. Lexy I miss you so much. It's so hard for me..", I mumble.

"I'm so sorry. But I need to tell you this.", she sais.

Tell me what?

"I met a guy, Réné. And we- are kinda..- Dating. I'm sorry but we can't be together any longer, Tobin.", she sais but I stopped listening at the word dating. I drop my phone and everything turns black..

KELLEY'S POV

I walk the stairs to our flat up and unlock the door. I want to shout 'Hey yo Tobito, it's Kelley-Oh' but then I see her talking on the phone in the kitchen. She has her back turned to me.

".... Horrible. Lexy I miss you so much. It's so hard for me.", I can hear her say.

Poor Tobin.. I wonder what Alex is telling her.. And I'd really like to hear her excuse why she hasn't called Tobin a single time in two months!

Wait-

I can see Tobin slowly putting her phone down until she drops it.

What happend?

I can see her falling so I sprint to her and grab her below her shoulders before she hits the ground.

"Tobin! What happend?", I shout shocked and look at her.

Nothing happens.

I carry her to the sofa an lay her on it. I go get some wet towels and put them on her forehead.

"Toby.. What are you doing.. You really scared me!", I say while running my fingers through her hair.

She slowly opens her eyes.

"Kelley..", she gives me a tired smile and I give her a big hug.

"What does this Réné guy has what I don't?", she mumbles upset.

"Réné? Who's that? And what is that for a name?", I ask confused.

"He's Alex' new boyfriend..", she sais.

"New..- boyfriend?! What the frick? I'm so confused!", I mumble.

"Yeah, it's her new boyfriend. Alex just broke up with me.", she sais and bursts out in tears.

She cries so much that I pull her into a big bear-hug. My shoulder is already completely wet from all her tears but that's okay. She cries and cries and cries.

"Shh, Toby. It's going to be okay.. I love you Toby and I'm always here for you..", I whisper and rub her back.

She calms down and asks;

"Do you believe in fate?"

Make you believe againOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara