Chapter 34

Tobin's POV

A few weeks have passed and everything went incredebly well.
Alex and I are together, Julie and Christen are in a healthy relationship and Hope and Kelley are happier than ever. Ali is getting better and Ash is the sweetest girlfriend on earth to her.
But that's not all. Lex told me that she had a big surprise for me! I'm so excited! I'm wondering what it is!

A beautiful saturday morning....

I'm sitting on a chair in the kitchen when Alex walks in.

"Hey Toby!", she smiles.
"Heyy Lex!", I say and smile back.
"Look Toby, we gotta talk. I- it's not easy for me. But uhmm- I made a decision. I got a call from a french team, Olympique Lyonnais. They want me to play for them, for six months. And- I'm going.. Tomorrow.", she mumbles.
I almost fall from my chair and spit my tea all over the table.
"You are going to WHAT?!", I yell. I can't belive it! Why the frick has she never told me this?
"I'm sorry! But this is a big oppertunity for me. This is my one chance!", she sais.
"But what about- us? What about our relationship? Our dream to play for the USWNT? What about- Me?", I whisper and feel tears filling my eyes.
"I'm sorry Toby-"
"Don't call me like that.", I mumble.
"I'm sorry. I already packed and will leave now. I'm staying in a hotel near the airport tonight.", she sais without any expression and leaves.

What was that. She had one last chance and she blew it. She left me. For a team that she doesn't even know. For a country that is on the other side of the world.

I can hear her slam the door.

She's gone.

I look to the door and see a tiny little package laying on the ground. I walk up to it and open it.
Inside is a black bracelet with black beads and one is white.
I also find a handwritten note from Alex.

I have the while one with one black bead. I will always carry a part of you with me. I love you. See you in six months babygirl.

Tears stream down my face. My only love.. Left me. Why? I almost died for her. I got beaten up because of her. I almost got killed because of her. My uncle got killed because of her family. And I still love this girl more than anything and anybody else.

I look around and my view gets dizzy. I hold on to the bracelet as I can feel myself closing my eyes and slowly falling on the ground....