Chapter 31

"Thank you all so much..", I mumble through the tears and smile.
"Stop crying now Toby!", Kels laughs.
"So. We will have our little party tomorrow, so that you can spend your day with Alex. And don't worry, Arod and Cheney are here the whole week. You will have enough time with them.", she goes on and gets up.
"Come on ladies, let's go!", she yells and we all laugh.
They leave and Alex walks up to me.

"I know that you don't wanted me to do anything for today but I had to. I hope I can make you good birthday..", she sais and looks down.
I feel guilty.
"No I have to be sorry. You did all this for me and all I did was to turn away from you and be harsh. That was not fair. I'm sorry and I am really glad that you did all this for me.", I say and she smiles.
"So I planned a bit for today. We'll have breakfast at Starbucks and then-", she smirks. "I'll drive you somewhere. You'll see. And don't forget to take your swimsuit with ya!", she goes on and gives me my bag.
I put my swimsuit in it and join Alex in her car. She drives us to Starbucks and we have a quick breakfast and then we drive. And drive. And drive.
When the radio starts playing 'Say you won't let go' by James Athur, she drives near a forest and stops the car.

"Come on Tobs!", she laughs and jumps out of the car.
And so do I and we grab our bags.
She leads me the way through the forest, laughing, talking and holding my hand. We finally arrive at the end of the forest and see the beach in front of us. It's so beautiful! It's a small place, surroundet by giant rocks. Only the sea is open and free of rocks so that you can swim as far as you want.

"That's so beautiful..", I whisper and Alex smiles at me.

Not a single person is here. Wow. There's just a small wooden house, as small as a tent, standing near some rocks. We walk up to the small house and open the little door.
Inside is a bed and a small table with two chairs. We get in and quickly change into our swimsuits.
We walk up to the water.

"Wanna swim?", Alex sais and I nod smiling. I jump into the water and see tha Alex has trouble with getting in.
"It's so cold omg!", she cringes and I laugh.
I swim back to her, grab her bridal-style and throw her into the water. She shouts and laughs and jumps on my back. We swim and play and mess around in the water for around one hour and get out again. We head back into the house and grab our towels.
Wow it's already 3pm!

"How bout we search for some woodplanks in the forest? For a little fire this evening?", Alex asks and I nod.
"Great idea!", I say and we walk into the forest. Hand in hand.

I love this girl. I freaking love her.

We find around eight planks and carry them back to the house. We spent around one hour in the forest and Alex takes her laptop out.

"Come sit next to me Toby!", she sais and crawls into the bed.
"I even put new blankets on it yesterday!", she adds.

I jump into the bed and sit next to her. She wraps her arm around my shoulder and puts 'Blue is the warmest colour' in.
While we watch the movie, she comes closer and closer. She lays her hand on the inside of my tight and squeezes my hand she's holding. Then, she lifts her head and looks me right into the eyes. She gives me a kiss on my cheek and starts kissing my jawline.
Damn what is she doing to me?
I wrap my arms around her waist and lay my head onto her shoulder.
She gives me small kisses on my cheek and jawline from time to time throughout the whole movie.
When it's over, she turns the laptop off.

"Come on, Toby. Let's make the fire!", she smiles and stands up. So do I. We step outside and I freeze.
"Damn it's cold! Shit. I forgot a sweater.", I groan.
"No problem. That's why I took two with me.", she smirks and gives me a grey USWNT sweater. I put it on and realise that smells like Alex. It smells like home.
We put the wooden planks on the ground and some ricks around it.
Alex puts it on and soon, big flames are rising up into the sky. She lays a big coat on the ground and a box. We sit down and she opens the box. Food! Yay! She takes out two plates, pizza, tacos, sandwiches, chocolate and some fruitjuice. We eat and talk about the delicious food and about how much we love tacos.
When we're done with eating, she puts everything back into the box and carries it into the house.
She comes back and the sun just starts to set. She sits down next to me and we just look at the beautiful sky for a while. She grabs my hand. I rest my head on her shoulder.
I realise that she's sweating and her palms are wet. She's nervous. But why?

"Alex babe, are you alright? You're sweating!", I ask worried.
"Y-yeah it's just I-I- I need to tell you something.", she mumbles and I lift my head.
We sit face to face now and she starts.

"So uhm.. I brought you h-here today because I w-wanted you to have a great birthday. I know how much you miss your old life but I hope that I could make it up at least a little bit.
I want to see you happy, see you and your million dollar smile.
You mean so much to me. And you always did, even though I never really showed it. I lied to you and I used you. I hurt you and broke your heart. I hate myslef for that and everything I've done to you.
I realised in the past month that I can't live without you. I need you. Every single say of my life.
I want to fall asleep next to you every single evening in my life and I want to wake up next to you every single morning in my life. I want to see you smile everyday and I want to kiss you, every day. I want to spend all my time with you and I want to make you happy. You make me happy.
And I think that- maybe- uhm I realised that I-", she mumbles and takes a deep breath.
"I love you, Tobin.
Do you want to be my girlfriend?", she asks.
My heart stops beating for a moment.
She wants me to be her girlfriend?
"Y-yes I want! I want nothing more that to be your girlfriend. I love you. I love you Alex freaking Morgan.", I say and lean in for a kiss.
Our lips lock and our tongues connect in my mouth. She bites my bottom lip.

Damn I love her. I love her!

"H-here's the other part of your present..", she mumbles nervously as we stop kissing. She takes out a tiny black box and opens it. It's a ring! And how beautiful it is! She takes it out and grabs my hand.
It fits perfectly.
"Thank you so much! I LOVE it. It's so beautiful.", I whisper and we kiss again. "I'll wear it until an engagement rings replaces it.", I say and she starts crying.
"I love you so much. I love you Tobin.", she sais and we sit there, hand in hand, watching the beautiful sun set.