Chapter 43: Remember that name

ALEX' POV

I'm sitting in the plane to California, right next to Réné and I don't even know what to feel. I'm so scared that Tobin will never forgive me and that she will stay with Christen..
I am such an asshole. Why did I do this to the love of my life? I hirt her feelings so many times. From the first day we met until now. Only I hurt her. She never hurt me. At least until now. Now she's with Christen and that freaking hurts.
Only two more hours until we land in California. I am so scared. I called Kelley a few hours ago again and we talked a bit about how I will try to get Tobin back. She said that I might have a chance but I don't know if she ever wants to talk to me again. How am I going to explain the lie to her? I am so confused. I should probably just try to sleep now and try to stop thinking about my situation that much.
I can already feel my eyes closing and soon after, I fall asleep.

Timeskip to after Alex and Réné land in California....

I'm sitting in the taxi, on my way to the flat I used to call 'home'. I have no idea if Tobin will even open the door or if she kept my stuff un our flat. But I have to go back. I have to. I have to fight for her. She's the love of my life and I want nothing more than just be with her again.
I can't wait to see her, see her beautiful face again, hear her voice again and see her million dollar smile again. I can't wait to hold her in my arms again and I can't wait to feel her lips pressed against mine again.

The driver stops at the building and I get out of the car. I grab my stuff and walk up to the door.

Should I ring the doorbell? I can't. I can't move. I'm too scared.
An old lady walks out of the building.
"Can I help you, miss?", she asks.
Still unable to speak, I mumble "I don't know.."
"You look confused, miss. Sure you don't want to talk about it?", she asks politely.
I nod. "I'm scared.", I mumble.
She grabs some of my stuff and starts walking.
"There's a café not far from here. Let's go there and you tell me what happend. It helps to talk about problems. And as I am a lot older, maybe I could help you.", she says and smiles.

She is so nice!

We walk to the café and I slowly start to feel better. As we sit down, she asks what happend.
"Well um- I went to France, six months ago to play soccer there. As i found out that the club I went to was homophobic, I lied to my girlfriend and told her about a fake-relationship with a guy so that I didn't get kicked out of the club and I'm feeling horrible because I lost the love of my life and-", I break down crying.
The old woman starts rubbing my back.
"That story- it's so familiar to me.", she says.
"I know somebody who almost had the same problem. But she was the one that has been lied too. It was very hard for her, but as soon as she found out that her girlfriend has never been with the guy she told her about, she wanted her back.", she tells me.
"That girl- she's my granddaughter. Tobin Heath. Remember that name.", she says and I almost loose my mind.
"Tobin Heath?", I whisper.
"I'm Alex. Alex Morgan. I need to get my girl back immediatly!", I say, totally in shock.
"Alex Morgan. She told me so much about you. Come on, young lady! She's waiting for you!", the mysterious woman says and I nod.
"Thank you so so much, Mrs Heath!", I shout, grab my stuff and run as fast as I can back to the house.

What did I do. She's the love of my life. I need to get her back!

I'm standing in front of the door again, this time desperate to move. I ring the doorbell and soon after, the door opens. I leave my stuff in the entry and run as fast I can up the stairs.
I finally arrive at her door. Our door.

'Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan'
Is written on the little sign next to the doorbell.

I ring again and can hear Tobin walking to the door. My heart aches as I hear her steps. My whole body is longing to finally wrap my arms around her again. My soul craves to see her lovely face again.
The seconds she takes to walk to the door are feeling like years to me.
My heart races and my palms are sweaty.
I close my eyes as I hear the door opening..

There she is.

The love of my life.

Seeing her face almost kills me.
I'm just standing there, unable to move again, just looking at her beautiful face.
She stares back, unable to move aswell.

We're just standing there. Staring at each other.

I can feel tears filling my eyes. She is so beautiful. I almost forgot how it feels to be around her.
Tears are falling down on her cheeks aswell and my heart hurts so much.

"Alex..", she whispers so quiet that I can barely hear it.
"Tobin..", I whisper back. "I am so sorry..".
"I missed you so much..", she whispers even more quiet.

She walks towards me, taking hours for every step. Then, she walks faster and faster, runs towards me and jumps into my arms.
She almost throws me to the ground with the power she throws into the hug. She holds me so tight that I can barely breathe but I don't care. I'm still shocked but I hug her back, holding her even tighter.
"I missed you so much!", she cries out loud. "I love you, you stupid asshole. Are you aware of what you did to me?", she yells, still holding me.
"I am so sorry Tobin!", I scream, breaking down on my knees.
"I am so so sorry. I never meant to hurt you! You are the love of my life. The only reason why I did all these horrible things to you is-", I start to explain, but she interrupts me.
"I know why. I know everything about it. Kelley recorded the phone call. I know everything about that stupid lie.", she says, trying to control her voice.
"We should talk. Come in, I made you dinner.", she says while grabbing my hand and leading me in.
I'm shocked. I don't even know what to think.
But she didn't smile a single time. Not once.

AN:
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it!
Leave me some COMMENTS about how the story should go on and don't forget to VOTE!
See ya in the next chapter!