Chapter 44: Soulmates

ALEX' POV

"So.. How were you?", she asks nervously.
"I don't know. I liked the team and stuff but I hated the fact that they didn't accept me for who I am. I literally died inside because I had to lie about you..", I mumble, knowing that whatever I will say, she won't forgive me.
"Well I guess that I don't have to tell you how I've been.", she says harshly.
"No, you don't need to tell me how horrible I made you feel..", I mumble.

Christen. She was with Christen. That's the only thing on my mind right now. I know that it's my own fault and I'm so angry at myself right now.

"Alex I'm super pissed. You know how hard it was for me. My entire life was a mess. And the mess started with you. After mom died I met you. You were the only one I trusted with my feelings but you hurt me so many times. But it was still okay for me, because I freaking loved you Alex.
And now? I don't even know how to feel about you and everything that happend.", she says angrily.

What did I do.. I wish I could turn back time..

"I think we should go different paths for a while, Alex. I need time and I also made up my life without you and I'm not willing to sacrifice the friends I made for you. If we're really made for each other and if we're really meant to be, then our paths will cross again sooner or later anyways. The feelings really don't just 'go away'. But I really need time to figure myself out.", she adds with a nostalgic tone.

"You're right I guess.. I just want you to know that I am truly sorry and I understand your decision.", I mumble.

"Thank you.", she says coldly.

"Did you say that to Christen too? That your paths will cross again?", I burst out. I couldn't hold it back any longer. I'm so mad at myself and at Christen and at everything.

"What the hell Alex? Why would you care? You didn't care when you dated Réné just to stay in the club. You didn't care when you got back with Servando so many times, knowing that I loved you. You didn't care when I almost got killed to save your mother. So why in the world would you care about a person that made me happy when you didn't?", she says angrily.

She's so right. I fucked up on so many levels- wow. Good job, Alex. Good job.

Tobin gives me a weird look. She looks at her hand.
No please- don't do that! Not the ring- no!
Too late.

She takes the ring off and gives it to me.

"No Tobs please.. Keep it. Until our paths cross again. Please..", I mumble, refusing to take it back.

She nods.

"Fine. That's your last chance.", she says and puts the ring on her necklace.

Since I'm wearing the same necklace, I take my ring and put it on my necklace too.

She gives me a small smile.

"I think you should go now.. And- I'm moving. To detroit.", she says and walks me to the door.

I don't say anything. She's really planning to move out of my life..
I lost the love of my life..

"Until we meet again, Alex. On or off the field. May your journey be a good one..", she mumbles and opens the door.

"May you find true happiness. And somebody who cares about you without hurting you.. I will always remember you, Toby.
You never really forget about your soulmate, do ya?", I say and step out.

"Alex I-", she starts and pulls me into a  hug.

"I'll never forget you either."

AN: Hey guys! It's been AGES since I updated sooo here you go!
A littler short chapter for today, I'll update daily again from now!
I'm also planning on starting a part two of this book where Alex and Tobin meet again after a few years. What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote!