Chapter 15

Time skip to lunch next day..

Today is game day! Right after school. I'm very excited and can't wait to play! I already had lunch with the others, but I couldn't find Tobin. So I went out to find her. I leave school and look around. The place where her mom has been burried isn't far away from here so I check if she's there. And she is. She's kneeing infront of her grave and talking to her. I didn't mean to listen, but I do..
"Our first game is today.. I'm scared, mom. What if I'm going to fail? What if we'll lose because of me? And I'm scared to see Servando again ome day.. What if his father kills us when he's out of jail? I should stop the 'what if's, I know. Dad hasn't even come home yet, after all this. He didn't even call! I'm so disappointed! He said that I have to move out this year, because- I'm gay mom. And I never had the chance to come out to you.. I know that you wouldn't have had a problem with it.. But he does. And you know, there's this girl I really like. Her name's Alex. I wish you could have met her.. But I don't know if I can trust her, mom. She kind of was Servando's girlfriend and I'm scared that she might hurt me.. Anyways, thanks for listening, mom. Now I'll be able to focus on the game.. I-I miss you so much..", she sais and cries.
"I-I wish somebody could hug me right now, mom.. I wish I could tell Alex how I feel about her.. You know that it has always been like that since I was little; I trust people too easy and then, I get hurt..", she whispers so that I could barely hear it.
"I wish somebody could hug me now..", she mumbles trough the tears. I take a deep breath, wondering how she will react and walk up to her. I wrap my arms around her and give her a long, tight hug. I let go but she pulls me closer again.
"How much have you heard?", she mumbles.
"E-everything. I'm sorry, I didn't meant to.", I say, feeling guilty.
"It's okay, Alex. Thank you coming. You heard the part when I walked about you, right? Everything I said was true..", she goes on.
"Thank you, Tobin. I'll never hurt you again. You can trust me.", I whisper and she looks up to me.
"R-really?", she sais.
"Yes.", I whisper. I pull her closer.
"I like you, Tobin Heath", I mumble and kiss her. Feeling her lips pressed against mine makes me feel safe.
"I-it's time to go.", Tobin mumbles and breaks the kiss. Oh gosh! The game! We head back into school and arrive in the locker room. Jill enters at the same time.

TOBIN'S POV

"You're late!", she sais.
"S-sorry I was visiting my mom's grave.. Alex came to get me because I didn't look at the time", I say and Jill gives me a smile.
"It's okay, Tobin. Just make sure it wont happen again.", she sais. We nod and sit down next to Kelley, who smiles at us. Jill takes some notes out and starts talking;
"So let's go. Hope, you start in the goal as number one. We got Becky as our left center defender, number 4, and Julie on the right side, number 7.. Kelley as number 5 left defender and Ali, number 11, right defender.
Then we gort Carli as center midfielder, number 10. To your left, Heather as number 9 and-", she smiles "to your right, Tobin as number 17. Strikers are Alex on the left side, number 13, Christen in the center, number 12 and Morgan on the right side, number 14. Any questions left?"
Me? A starter? In my new team? I'm confused. Does she really want ME to start? Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh what if I'm going to fail?
"Are you okay, Tobin?", Jill asks.
"Y-yes n-no I don't k-know", I mumble.
"I just didn't expect to be a starter.."
"Show me that you can handle it.", she replies and I nod. I grab the jersey with the number '17' and put it on. I smile. It's showtime! I put my cleats on, my hairband and shinguards on. I walk outside on the pitch, next to Alex and Kelley. Let's do this! Hope walks up to me.
"You can do this, Toby. We're here for you. We're all standing behind you.", she sais and gives me a hug.
"Thanks, Hope.", I smile and Kelley walks up to us.
"Let's do this Tobyyyyyy!", she shouts and jumps into my arms. I wish everyone a good game and hug my teammates. We get to our positions and I shout Alex' name.
"Let's do this, Lex!", I say.
"Shut up, Tobin.", she mumbles back.
"Whats wrong Alex?", I ask.
"I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP! You stupid dyke..", she yells. What the hell? First, she kisses me and now she's going crazy? What the hell? But then I see him. Servando sitting at the side of the pitch and smirking at Alex. Shit no! But the whistle blows and I can't help but play. The match goes pretty well for around fifteen minutes. Then, a defender get's the ball and heads up to our half, on my side. I attack and nutmeg her! Great! I go on running with the ball and see Alex being free.
"Alex!", I shout and pass her. I walk myself free again and stay in the perfect ankle to shoot.
"Alex! I'm free!", I shout but she doesn't look up.
"Alex just pass her already!", Carli shouts too. Soon after that, the whole team yells my name and tells her to pass me. She's at the corner on the other side when she finally passes. But into nowhere. I sprint as fast as I can and reach the ball- until I feel a sharp pain in my head—