Chapter 14

"I was with Servando when you came to our school. The only reasons why I still was with him, were because of my mom and because of him. My mom forbids me to be gay. I came out to her two years ago because I thought that it wouldn't be a problem for her. But it was. At the same time, Servando asked me to go out with him so I took the oppertunity to make my mom happy and said yes. The second reason is that I'm still too scared to break up with him. You see what he's done today because I didn't wanted to go with him. Imagine what would happen if I broke up with him! And yes, I know you're probably wondering because I broke up with him at school; that wasn't real. I thought that if it looks like we broke up, you'd probably trust me and l-like me..", I look down. "So I called him in the morning and told him my plan. But you came and knocked him out so that he got suspendet. That was the point when it got serious and he started hurting me whenever she saw me.. He forced me to stay at his house and do- do other t-things with him..", I start crying. "I lied to you about him and I lied to him about you. My whole life is a lie.. I lied to my mom about my sexuality and I'm tired of all the lies. I want to tell my mom that I'm gay and I'll always be, I wanna tell Servando that I'm officially done with him and his family and I want to tell you that I-", I take a deep breath. "That I really like you, Tobin. I wouldn't say that I love you, it's too soon for that but I like you more than anybody else. And I'm tired of lying. I want to me myself and only myself. Without any lies.", I say and realise that I was crying the whole time. How embarassing..
"Why should I believe you, Alex? Why should I trust you again, after all this? Give me a reason to believe you.", she sais.
"I know that you need time, Tobin. But I'd love to spend all my time with you and I'd love to get to know you more. I want to see your beautiful face every single day and I want to get lost in your eyes whenever I look at you. And more then that, I want to see your million dollar smile and I want you to stay with me. And want you to be by my side when I tell mom about my sexuality and I want you to me by my side when I break up with Servando. I want you to be by my side when I wake up in the morning and when I go to sleep in the evening. But above all this, I want- no I need to see your smile again. Your million dollar smile. Because you're the best thing to ever happen to me.", I whisper. Did I really say that? Damn Tobin must think that I'm totally crazy now.
"I'll stand by you, Alex. Wherever you go and whatever you do. I like you. And I liked you since the very first time I saw you. But I need time. I really do because a llt happend this week and it's very hard for me to deal with all that. Please understand that.", she sais and look right into my eyes.
"Of course I understand that, Tobs- I mean Tobin.", I say.
"It's okay. Just call me Tobs..", she sais and smiles. Finally. The smile I've waited for two days.. I smile back and tears fall down my face again.. She gives me a big hug and I see two small tears falling down on each cheek.
"I'll stand by you. Nobody will hurt you again.. But never lie to me. If I find out that this was a lie too, then I won't be able to control myself.", she whispers.
But it isn't a lie. I'm tired of lying and I promise to myself that I will never lie to her again. She takes my hand and we walk down into the living room. Her siblings give us a weird look.
"Toby would you like to explain..?", one of her sisters asks.
"Alex, this is Perry, Katie and Jeremy, my siblings. Jer, Per and Kat; this is Alex Morgan. I never introduced you guys. And before you ask; it's a long story. But Alex and I are fine now so I ask you to accept her, cause I do. Plus, without her, Mr Carassco probably would never got to jail. She told me about him.", Tobin sais and the three smile at me.
"Hey Alex. Nice to officially meet you now.", Jeremy sais.
"Yeah nice to meet you, Alex.", Katie sais and comes closer. "Don't you dare hurt my sister again. Take good care of her and if you hurt her, I will send you to hell", she whispers in my ear. She's scary!
"I-I wont. I p-promise.", I say.
"Katie! Don't scare her!", Tobin giggles and hugs her sister.
"I appreciate your worries but don't scare her like that!", she laughs. Perry and Jeremy join in with laughing and so do I. Her siblings are so nice!
Jeremy and Tobin make some burritos, while Katie is setting the table. Perry and I talk about soccer and how Tobin and I met.
"Dinner's ready!", Tobin yells from the kitchen.
"Don't scare me like that, Tobito!", Jeremy yells back.
"Tobito?", I ask.
"Well Tobin's favourite food are burritos, everysince she's a little girl. And one day, Katie decidet to ship Tobin with burrito: Tobito!", Perry explains and we all start laughing. We get to the table and eat the perfect-tasting burritos, laugh and talk the whole evening.