Chapter 40

CHRISTEN'S POV

After around 10 minutes, Tobin comes back. She closes the door behind her and walks up to me.

"We should talk I guess..", she mumbles and I nod.
"Tobin I can't lie to you anymore. I think that- um- I kinda fell for you. I don't even know how that happend but I can't change my feelings..", I mumbles and look down.
"Chris I- I think that I feel the same way about you. It's just that I don't know if I will try to get Alex back when she comes home in two weeks. She was the love of my life Chris. And I don't know why but I have feelings for both of you. It's so confusing..", she says and I suddently feel very understood.
"Yeah I kinda have the same problem. I still love Julie but I also have feelings for you. It's just so freaking confusing.", I say and she nods.
"We should find a way to try both I think.", Tobin says.
"Yeah you're right. We could try if the two of us work together for the next two weeks and then you will see if you want Alex back or not.", I say and she gives me a smile.
"Yeah that's a good idea. And you will see if you still love Julie or not.
But Chris, you have to promise me something.", she says.
"Um yeah sure, what's the matter?", I ask wondering.
"If it doesn't work out with us, promise me that we will stay best friends, okay?", she asks nervously.
"Of course Toby! You're one of my best freinds! I could never loose you! And I also feel like the two of us are very honest to each other. We talk alot about our feelings and stuff so I think that we will stay friends forever. Doesn't matter if we're in a relationship or not. Nothing and nobody will every break our friendship.", I smile and she lets out a sigh.

She gives me a big smile and I come a little closer to her.

"I'm so gald that I have you.", I whisper and close my eyes.

I can feel our lips lock and it feels like heaven. I never felt like this since I kissed Julie for the last time....

TOBIN'S POV

She tastes like mango and her lips are so soft. I've been waiting for this moment for so long and it feels like heaven to fibally kiss her.
It's so wrong to kiss her but it feels so right in this moment.
It's different with Christen but it somehow feels so right.
I could lay here on the sofa with her forever, just cuddling, talking and forgetting about the rest of the world....

-

ALEX' POV

Two weeks. In two weeks I'll se her again. The girl of my dreams. The love of my life.
It's been so hard to pretend to be straight. The club doesn't accept gay players and it would have been a shame for both of us if I'd have been kicked out of the OL because I have a girlfriend.
But Réné helps me a lot. He is gay too and needed a fake girlfriend because he plays for another club that doesn't accept his boyfriend.
Kissing him in public is so freaking hard and it breaks my heart everytime I see the two of us together in the media.
I hope that Toby will forgive me one day.. I won't be mad if she doesn't, I mean I hurt her so many times, I can't even count them but she is the love of my life! I can't wait until I'm finally home again..

"ALEX!", a voice yells and I awake from my daydream.
"What's the matter, Réné?", I mumble, still a little dizzy.
"Alex you're late for practise! You gotta hurry! It's your last practise with the club!", he explains and I suddently remember that it's my last day playing for the OL.
"Oh my gosh. I was thinking about Tobin and I totally forgot that the nightmare is finally over! May last practise.. thank god!", I burst out and give him a huge smile.
"I'm looking forward to meet that Tobin-girl. She seems like the most perfect human being after everything you told me about her.", he smiles and I nod.
"She is. And I was wondering if you could come to amerika with me to show Tobin that our realtionship is fake and that she's the love of my life?", I ask while grabbing my soccer bag.
"Yeah sure. But it was kinda dumb of you not telling her about the plan BEFORE we made our fake-relationship public.. My boyfriend Sam and I talked about this and he was okay with it. It would have been a lot easier for you. And not to mention for Tobin of course! I don't even wanna imagine what that poor girl has to go through right now because of me!", he says and I get a little pissed.
"I know, Réné! You told me this already a million times! I get it. But I can't change it anymore now.", I mumble angrily.
"Yeah sure. I'm sorry. But all this is also kinda hard for me. Nothing against you but you're a girl. I have to kiss a girl in public, that's just so weird for me. But I get it, I can see Sam but you haven't seen Tobin for almost six months and that's way harder.", he says.
"Yeah it is. I am just so happy to finally end this nightmare here and go home.
I really like my new teammates here, they're all so nice but the club sucks. I am so glad to end this homophobic nightmare. Come on, we're late. Let's go!", I say, trying to act mature but I'm almost breaking inside because of the fact that the love of my life would probably never want me back.
"Yeah let's go!", he says and I can see that it's also getting to him. He also feels like shit for doing all this.
But it's worth it. It's worth it for our career.
Plus, I didn't knew that the club would be homophobic when I signed the contract so I had no other choice..