Chapter 42: Love and Friendship

TOBIN'S POV

I just woke up and realise that today is the day Alex will come back.. I'm super excited but also scared at the same time and I'm literally freaking out inside.
I am thinking about all the things Alex and I did together when the doorbell rings.

Alex? No it can't be her. She will come in the evening I guess.
But who could it be then?

I walk up to my door and open it.

"Hey Tobs!", the short girl smiles.
It's Kelley!
"Heyyy Kels, what a surprise!", I say and give her a hug.
She seems very nervous.
We walk into the livingroom.
"Um so what's up?", she asks as we sit down on the sofa.
"Nothing important I guess. I'm just a little nervous because Alex is coming hone tonight and I don't know how to handle things with Chris..", I mumble.
"That's exactly why I came..", she says.
"What's the matter Kelley? What happend?", I ask confused.
"Um- so she called me and-", she starts but I interrupt her.
"She called you?!", I shout.
She didn't call me for five months!
"Yeah and I recorded the call after she started to talk about you and- I think that you should listen to what she has to say.", she say and I see a sign of relief in her expression.
"Why should I? She hurt me so much, why should I listen to her?", I say, kinda pissed but also excited to hear her voice again.
"Tobin. You made a big mistake. Just listen to her.", she says and puts her phone out.

I wonder what she said and what is the mistake Kelley is talking about?

She starts the recording..

I almost loose my mind after I listend to the conversation.

She lied to me again? After everything she did to me she lied to me AGAIN?
She lied about Servando three times to me, about her mom and basically about everything she's about. It took me so long to finally discover her real character and I thought I knew her..
But she lied to me again!
How could she?!

"How.. how could she do this to me..", I mumble, not sure if I should be happy because she's not with that Réné-guy or if I should be angry because she lied to me.

"There's something else, Tobin..", Kelley goes on.
"Just go ahead and tell me. I'm so shocked right now that ut can't be that bad.", I mumble.
"I accidentally told her about Christen and you..", she whispers.
I guess it would have shocked me, but because I'm so confused right now it's okay.
"It's okay, Kels. I just don't know what to say, what to think and what to do.", I say, still totally in loss of words.

How could she. That's the only sentence in my head right now.
How in the world could she do that to me.

"Kelley I- I really don't know what to think.", I mumble.

"She is the love of your life, isn't she?", she asks and I nod.
"Fine. You will fall for her over and over again, Toby. If you love her, you won't just let her go. It will take some time for the two of you to get back to normal again but I think that you should forgive her.", she says determinated.
"You're so right. But what do I do with Christen? I'm scared that we may break our friendship like that.", I ask her for advice.

"No. I think that it'll be just fine Tobs. Christen and you got together because you share the same feelings and because both of you needed somebody to lovesnd found each other. I don't want to hurt your feelings but I think that her heart still belongs to Julie, doesn't it?", she says.

"You're so damn right, Kelley. Thank you so so much. I love you and you're the best friend ever.", I say and give the girl a huge smile. She smiles back and pulls me into a big hug.

"Um Kelley?", I ask nervously.
"Yeah?", she relies confused.
"Could you stay here with me while I'm calling Christen? I'm super scared. And do you wanna stay until Alex shows up?", I ask and she starts smiling.
"There's no reason to br scared, Tobs. But I'll stay with you if you want.", she says.
"Thank you so much. Do-", I start but then, my phone rings.

'Christen is calling' says it on the display.

I look at Kelley. What should I do now? I was not prepared for this!

"Go pick it up already, Tobs!", she says and I nod.

I reach out for the phone and pick it up.

"Hello it's Tobito and who's there?", I say as usually when I pick up the phone.
"Hey Tobin. It's Christen. Um- we need to talk.", she says nervously.
"Yeah I was just about to call you but I'm scared to tell you, Chris.", I mumble.
"I'm scared too. So freaking scared that I might loose you.", she says even more nervously.
"But I have to do this, Tobin. We-", she takes a deep breath. "We can't be together anymore I think."
"That's what I wanted to tell you. I really need to talk to you in person to explain everything, Christen. When are you coming home from your sister's?", I ask.
"Wednesday, in two days. I'd really like to tell you everything in person aswell. I just need to make sure NOW that we will always be best friends, Toby. I love you so much, as a best friend. I guess that I mixed love and friendship and- as dumb it may sound- I needed somebody to love. I'm so sorry.", she whispers.
"It's okay.", I say, feeling numb in someway. "I will always love you as a best friend, Christen. I'm just scared that our bond may break."
"It wont. Let's talk when I'm home.", she says.
"Yeah let's talk when you're home. See ya, Chris.", I whisper and hang up.

I feel so numb.

AN:
Extra-long chapter, hope you liked it!
Are you excited for Alex coming home in the next chapter?
Tell me in the COMMENTS if you want to read the next chapter and I'll post it!
Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT this chapter!
See ya soon and thank you for almost 25k reads!