Chapter 46: The stars

While Ali and Ash made her plans for the future and said their goodbyes, Christen and Julie made plans too..

Julie's POV

I made it! I got into college and into the soccer team. I'm so happy. My life couldn't be better right now, I also set things with Zach; we're friends now and just friends.
But I still feel like I'm missing something.

Or somebody.

I'm dying to know what Christen's plans are. But I can't even ask her because I fucked up big time.
Ugh I wish I could just call her or text her, like I did every minute back then..

In that moment, her phone rings

'Christen is calling'

Wow. That's kinda scary.

Anyways- I should pick it up, right? I wanted to hear her voice, right?
But I'm still scared of what she will say..

"Hey Julie.. It's Christen."

I've been dying to hear that voice.

"Hey Chris, what's up?", I ask, trying to stay as calm as possible.

"I wanted- I'd like to- umm. I wanted to say goodbye. I got into college, I assume you got into college too.. we will go into different directions. And I wanted to say goodbye.
Because I can't just move on without saying goodbye. I can't forget what happend and I though that's worth a goodbye.", she explains.

Different directions.. I wish we could walk into the same again. But why do I even complain about it? It's all my fault..

"Yeah I got into college too.. and- you're right. It deserves a goodbye. Christen, this is the first time that I talk to you after that phonecall a few months ago..
I never got te chance to tell you what happend afterwards..", I say.

"Do I even wanna know? Or do I have to expect your lame excuses again?", she asks calmly.

"No excuses. I finally settled things with Zach. We're good now- and just friends.", I explain.

"Yay. I'm so happy for you..", she mumbles in a sarcastic tone.

"Christen. I did you so wrong. You gave me all your love and I just threw it away because I was too scared to admit who I am and too scared to admit it to others. But that doesn't matter anymore. And it shouldn't have back then. I fucked up. And I have to take the consequences for my actions.
I wish we could go in the same direction, I wish I could have us back but I understand that I fucked up too many times.
I'm glad that you called. Because I'd never built up the courage to call you to excuse myself for my actions.", the words just flow out of my mouth.

"Yes- you fucked up. And I fucked up too so we're sitting on the same side. But still- I can't forget what you did. And I'm sorry but we need to move on. We both need to move on and if the stars want us back together, we will end up together. But if they don't, then we won't. And for that case, I wanted to say goodbye, to properly wish you an amazing life and a caring partner and true happiness, Julie Johnston.", she says with a tone of hope in her voice as she talks about the future.

"Christen Press. How could I ever say goodbye to you? But why do I even complain. I fucked up and you're right- let's say our goodbyes. I wish you everything you need to be happy in life and maybe we'll meet again one day.. and until that day, I wish you nothing but the best, Christen.", I say, trying to hide my emotions.

"Until we shall meet again, Julie."

"Until we shall meet again, Chris."

It's over.

It's officially over.

We will be walking into different directions from now on.

Two young girls, lost in the world and on the doorstep to the soccer world where our paths hopefully cross again.

On the field.

Or off the field.

And until that day, only in our dreams.

It'll only be real when she's not around.

I sit down on my bed, going through all the memories we made in my head.

I don't regret anything about meeting her, caring for her, loving her.

The only thing that I regret is that I've been too dumb to see how precious life can be and how much she loved me.

It's strange but- I have that feeling that we'll end up together again..

AN: hey guys! Here's your new chapter! It's a little shorter but Presston is def. over in THIS book BUT not in the next one! Only four more chapter here until I start it!
Keep reading until the last chapter because I got a little surprise-ending for you guys!
Are you excited for my new book where Tobin meets them all again  a few years later?
Comment down below if you have any suggestions for the new book! And don't forget to vote!

(PS the next 4 chapters will be O'Solo, Alex, a dramatic Preath ending - stay tuned for that it'll be super exciting, also for #talex shippers!- and a Tobin- chapter!)