His Baby Girl

I scrubbed the table until it was spotless. Bethany would be getting home soon, and I planned to surprise her. She doesn't know I'm home from tour, so I hope that by me just being here will surprise her enough. By the time her house was spotless, I hear footsteps getting closer to the door. I quickly turned off the lights and hid behind the island table in the kitchen. I heard the door creaking open. My lips curved into an excited smile.

"Munchkin, I'm home!"

Bethany's orange Persian cat, Munchkin, meowed and walked up to her, purring.

Bethany turned on the lights.

"SURPRISE!" I excliamed, jumping out of my hiding spot.

She screamed loudly, and jumped.

"Oh my God, Harry!"

She ran up to me and bear hugged me. I laughed and hugged her back. I could hear her laughing.

"Oh God, I've missed you Harry!" She exclaimed.

She freed me from her hug and smiled brightly.

"I've missed you too, Beth," I said.

Her smile faded. What's wrong?

"Hey, is something up?" I asked her, concerned.

"Oh, no. Not at all. I just have been getting killer head aches this week," She said, rubbing her temples, with her eyes closed tightly and gritting her teeth.

"Why did you never let me know?" I asked, surprised.

"Because, knowing you, you would've came home from tour early to take care of me," She said, slouching on the couch.

She was right. I would've ditched the tour to tend to her. I sighed.

"At least let me know next time," I said, sitting next to her.

"Alright. How was tour?" She asked me.

"Really fun. Just wished you were there," I said, grabbing an ice pack out of the freezer.

"Me too, Harry," She agreed.

I handed her the ice pack and went to grab the Advil. Once I grabbed it, I made a glass of water. I handed Bethany the medicine and water and she took the medicine happily. I put them away once she was done, and sat back next to her on the couch.

"Do you still have the ring, Beth?" I asked her.

"The Promise ring? Yeah, I still have it," She said, showing her ring on her finger.

I smiled seeing the ring. Before I could even reply, Munchkin jumped on my lap and purred happily. It's a very social cat, and he's very laid back. I started to pet him, making his back arche up with satisfaction.

"He missed you. He kept meowing at your side of the bed for the first week; thinking you were still asleep in bed," Bethany chuckled.

I chuckled with her. Munchkin's purring grew louder and he lied down on my lap.

I forgot to say that he's also a very spolied cat.

I moved him off my lap to the arm chair of the couch. He meowed in disagreement, but eventually fell asleep on it, still purring.

I looked back at Bethany. She's gotten a little bit tanner since I last saw her, but she was still had light tan skin. Her blue eyes sparkled when she looked back at me. I stood up.

"You hungry? I'll make dinner," I offered her.

"Oh no. I'm making dinner, Harry. You've already done enough by cleaning the house," She stated kindly.