Chapter Twelve

Harry's P.O.V:

  I was sitting behind a wall, where they couldn't see me. I listened to the whole thing. I didn't have the heart to leave completely, because I knew Bethany has had been hurt by her before. When I heard the contact of her hand to her mother's skin, I jumped. Bethany has never had the heart to hit her mother-no matter how big of a douche she is. It's not like Bethany to do this sudden burst of violence. It's unnatural.

  I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said that didn't frighten me. Once I heard the door shut, I slowly got up and headed downstairs to comfort Beth.

  She was panting heavily, running her hand through her hair. She was practically gripping her hair, though. Her body shook with both anger and shock. She turned around and saw me sitting on the last stair that leads to the living room.

"Hey," I muttered quietly.

"Hi."

  She looked at her hand, and saw that her hand was now red from the forceful impact. She sat down on the couch and gasped.

"I'm a monster," She whispered.

  Those words stung to me. Sure, hitting her may have been harsh, but she was no monster. I slowly walked over to her and hugged her as I sat down next to her. She sobbed quietly, her head resting on my chest. I felt so bad for her. She didn't deserve this kind of pain.

"You're not a monster, Beth. You did the right thing," I said quietly in her ear.

"No! Slapping my mother was never the right thing to do! She probably hates me now, and I won't ever see her again. She might have been an ass, but she's still my mother, Harry," She snapped.

  I understood her points. I wish I could relate to her pain. I kissed her knuckles on both of her hands gently.

"You know what? She can go to Hell. Any parent who assumes and treats her daughter like that doesn't deserve her daughters love. I know you love her, deep down. But, it's safer this way. What if she was here with the baby around? She would be dangerous."

  She looked up at me and nodded. I kissed her wet cheeks, her forehead, and traveled down to her soft lips.

"I'm here for you, okay? I will be there for you the day you and I die. Promise."

  She grinned and dried her cheeks. I kissed her neck and lips one more time.

"I love you Bethany, don't ever forget that."

  She smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back. I will never leave her as long as I live. She is my everything, and I will fight with her, because she is worth it. She is my Baby Girl.