Chapter Thirty

"Harry? Bethany? Can we come in guys?"

  We were back at the hotel, and Bethany was now taking the loss of one of our children pretty hard. She was glad she was still pregnant with another child, but like most people, the loss of a child is hard to bear as well as never wanting to lose one.

  She was pressed against my chest as she sobbed into my slightly damp shirt. It hurt so much to see her in so much pain, and it hurt me as well. The death of a baby should never happen, but life throws curveballs at you, and you somehow have to climb over them.

"Yeah, come on in," I called out, as I stroked Beth's back.

  All of the boys and their girlfriends entered our room, sitting around us in the living room.

"Is everything alright? We got your text," Liam asked, concerned.

  El and Diana sat next to Bethany as she hugged them both, asking for their comfort.

"I came home to Bethany on the floor and in major pain. So I took her to the hospital. S-She..."

  I held back fears from falling from my face. I blinked a couple of times before looking up at them.

"We lost the baby."

  They were quiet for a long time. Niall ran up to me and hugged me, attempting to comfort me.

"I'm so sorry, mate."

  I nodded as the boys all stood up and hugged both Bethany and I. Their comfort was a much needed request and I was glad they were willing to comfort us in our time of need.

"But, there is still some good news to this whole shit show," I said after everyone was fone hugging us.

"How can their be good news?" El asked.

"We are still going to have a child. Bethany is still pregnant."

"How in the fuck is she? Did a demon crawl up her-?"

"Louis! Don't even finish that sentence," Zayn demanded, not in the mood for his slightly odd joke to lighten the mood.

"We are originally going to have twins," Bethany said, finally calmed down.

"So how did the other baby pass? Can I even ask that?" Dianne asked.

  Bethany nodded.

"My family has always had birth difficulties and miscarriages, so I knew as soon as I felt the intense pain something was wrong. According to the doctor, the umbilical cord for the baby was not working properly and it starved. My body reabsorbed it back into my body so there is not much trace of it," Bethany explained, looking down at her abdomen.

"I am so sorry about your baby, Bethany. But, I am glad you are still going to have a child," Eleanor  comforted, rubbing Beth's back.

"If you guys need anything just ask us. All of us, alright guys?" Liam said.

"Thanks guys. You're the best friends we could ask for."

-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-

  The next day, I woke up to Bethany looking down at her abdomen, with a mixed look of sadness and relief on her face.

"Hey, you okay Babe?" I said sleepily, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"No, but I will be soon," She said honesty.

"Oh, Babe. I'm so sorry. I broke my promise," I apologized, hugging her.

"What promise?" She asked.

"I'd promise you that I would make sure we wouldn't lose the baby, and I broke that promise," I said, burying my head on the crook of her neck.

"Harry, that promise is something you can't make. There is nothing you can do in your power to do that. Don't make anymore promises you can't keep or even achieve, okay?" Bethany said, kissing my hand.

  I nodded and looked at Bethany.

"I love you, okay? Please don't get too down about this, alright? We need you to be happy again and to continue to take care of the baby. I need you to be happy again. I can't stand seeing you in so much bitterness and pain," I asked her, kissing her lips lightly.

"I won't, Harry. I just need a couple more days to grief and I will be okay again," Bethany explained, hugging me.

"Alright."

"And Harry? I love you too."