Chapter 28

A/N

Bet you didn't expect a new update so fast huh ;)) yay me for being efficient

- Perrie -

"WAKE UP BLONDIE YOU'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL"

I yelped out in surprise as I fell off my bed, face flat on the floor. A groaned left my lips when I looked up and realised it was none other than Camila Cabello.

"What time is it?" I mumbled as I hugged my pillow, somehow getting comfortable on the carpeted floor of my room.

"15 past 8, stupid"

My head snapped up as I looked at the clock at my nightstand for assurance. 8:15am. Shit, we're 15 minutes late for first period.

"Bloody hell! We're late!"

She gave me a blank look as she crossed her arms.

"Oh, not at all Ms Edwards! It's too early for school, please, go back to sleep" she responded with sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes before covering my face with my pillow. "Can we please just ditch today? We're already late anyways," I tried giving an excuse for not coming to school.

When really, I just didn't want to face an all too familiar brunette. I still felt guilty for kicking her out but it's for the best, well that's what I think. All I know is that, I did what I did so the both of us will stop hurting one another. Sure, it hurts now, for the both of us. But eventually, she'll move on. I'll move on.

We were just not meant to be, even from the start.

"But Dinah's gonna be alone," she whined and I raised an eyebrow.

"Since when did the two of you became friends?" I questioned and she just shrugged. She kept on trying to get me to get up but I wasn't budging from the floor. "Why don't you want to go? You already missed out a lot" she asked softly now, sitting beside me on the floor.

I sighed and just shrugged. "Pez, come on. I know you haven't been totally honest with me and I sort of understand why. But now I need to know what's really up or I can't help you"

I just kept silent, contemplating if I really should tell her.

"Is it Jade?"

My body immediately tensed up and I knew she felt it. She let out a small sigh before asking me again, "How bad was the fight?"

"It wasn't just a fight," I mumbled under my breath. She pulled me up so I was in a sitting position. I tsk-ed in annoyance but she just gave me her face that showed that she have had enough of it.

"Someone m-might have kissed me while we were together.." I trailed off in a voice that was barely audible.

She didn't say anything so I continued.

"I didn't even kissed back! I tried and tried to explain myself but she didn't let me. Until the first day I-I went back to school," I didn't realise that I was crying until I heard myself sniffling.

Camila shuffled in so she was closer to me before taking my hand in hers, rubbing the back of my palm soothingly.I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a deep breath before continuing.

"She pulled me into a room and she asked me these questions but I wasn't really paying attention, because I was too happy. I was so happy because it was a sign that she still loves me b-but" I shook my head, burying my face in my hands as I started sobbing.

I felt Camila wrap her arms over my shoulder, pulling me into her embrace. She whispered soothing words into my ear but I wasn't paying attention as the only thing I was focusing on was the conversation that completely broke me.

"I knew you still loved me"

"Perrie, no-"

"No?"

I just shook my head rapidly as that conversation kept repeating in my head.

"Perrie," I heard Camila call in a voice that screams sympathy and sorry. And I hated it.

"Stop, okay. I'm fine, and I'm good" I stated in a firm tone.

I looked at her to see her giving me a sad smile, causing me to roll my eyes. "I'm fine, Camila. I have to get over this eventually, so don't try to make me go and take her back"

She just nodded, her lips forming a thin line. I looked at the clock that showed it was already half past nine.

"Alright then," she said, making me turn to look at her again," Since you're being petty and shit and don't want to go to school" I rolled my eyes playfully at her teasing.

"I'll head down and make breakfast for the both of us. How does that sound?"

I gave her a face eating grin and nodded. "Perfect, Cabello"

It was now her turn to roll her eyes. "Get your bum back on the bed and catch up on like 20 minutes of sleep or something. I'll wake you up when I'm done," she spoke as she walked out.

"THANKS MUM" I managed to yell out.

"YOU'RE OLDER THAN ME, MIND YOU" she yelled back, her voice fading as she got further away.

I let out a small giggle as I climbed back on the bed, getting comfortable again. I however, didn't manage to fall back asleep. I thought for sure that Jade was the one.

Guess not.

I let out a sigh and started scrolling through my twitter timeline as I couldn't go back to sleep. I furrowed my eyebrows when I came across a certain tweet from Jesy.

@/JesyNelson: Nothing is the same without my little geordie with me :/

Geordie? The only geordies we both know are me and Jade. She sure as hell wasn't talking about me. Why wouldn't Jade be with her though? Aren't they always attached at the hip?

I just brushed it off, assuming that it was nothing major. I continued scrolling through my timeline when another tweet catches my attention.

@/JadeAmelia: Just me and wor norma. New air. New life. Looking forward to the good things to come :)

New life? Was she referring to a life without me? She didn't seem to be 'looking forward' to it the last time we talked. And what does she mean by new air? She smoking some shit or-

"PERRIEEEE, BREAKFAST IS READY"

I was cut off from my thoughts when the annoying voice of my best friend was heard from downstairs. I plugged my phone in the charger before sighing and making my way downstairs. Once I reached the kitchen, I saw that Camila cooked the typical English breakfast.

Bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages and baked beans. Of course, there's a teapot of english tea at the side.

I gave her a grateful smile before sitting down and digging in.

The whole time we were eating breakfast, I was thinking about both Jesy and Jade's tweets. Are they supposed to link somehow?

Am I somehow involved?

Damn it, Perrie. You and your overthinking.