September 15th 2015

The Truth

There was a loud bang at my door, which made me jolt up but making me wince in pain. I looked at the door to see Elijah standing there grinning. I groaned, "Why can't you wake me up like a normal person?" He chuckled and threw me some clothes, "Because I'm not normal now, get up it's time to go I already signed you out." I chuckled going to the bathroom to change into a black and white flannel, black jeans, and my black cheetah print Vans. As I came out the bathroom I laid the hospital grown on the bed and then left. When we got into the car a question hit me that I forgot, "Hey Eli," He hummed in response, "Have you heard anything about Ross?" He just sighed, "No, but what's worrying me is that you know he has friends in law so, I'm afraid that he will only get a slap on the wrist." My heart stopped when I heard that. That can't happen he need to pay for what he's done.

We pulled up to the house and my heart was beating against my rib cage. I guessed Elijah saw my face since I felt his hand on top of my head. I looked over at him seeing him grin, "It's fine Bennie, Dad's not here." I nodded getting out the car. As we made it to the door it swung open and I was engulfed in a hug hearing soft cries. "My baby is finally home I was so worried." My Mom sobbed on my shoulder. I smiled warmly returning the hug. "Mom, it's ok, I'm ok." I said kissing her forehead. We all sat in the living room watching T.V and cracking jokes like there was no tomorrow. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket making me jump. I pulled out my phone and smiled at the caller I.D. I went into the kitchen and answered. "Hey G-Baby." I said smiling wide. He chuckled, "Please tell me that's not my name in your phone." I pouted, "Why, you don't like it?" "N-No that's not what I mean, what I meant was... um... damn." He stumbled out. I grin knowing I have such an effect on him. He cleared his throat getting my attention, "So, I called to see if you're free tonight?" I smiled biting my lip, "I'm free right now." "Alright, I'll see you in five." I blushed a little grinning hanging up. I walked out still smiling wide. Elijah looked at me with a eyebrow cocked. "So, where you and Gabriel going now?" Elijah asked. I looked at his confused, "How you know that was Gabe?" He smirked, "C'mon. Only Gabriel can make you smile like that." I just shrugged smiling and went upstairs to get ready.

As I was putting the final touches of my outfit when the doorbell rang. I ran down stairs before my Mom or Elijah could embarrass me. I opened the door to see a very sexy Gabe. He had on a light blue Polo with white pants and white Converse to match my plain white shirt, blue jeans, and white Vans. We chuckled at each other. Elijah made a noise of disgust, "Ewe, y'all matched outfits?" I looked over to see his face scrunched up like he smelled something foul. I smiled, "It's not like we tried to." Gabe hugged me from behind and kissed my cheek, "Plus, I think we look cute." Elijah faked gagged and left the room. I turned around and wrapped my arms around Gabe's neck. "So, where are we going?" I asked pecking his lips. He grinned, "First, we have to stop by my house really quick to get something. Then, it's a surprise." I frowned and pouted, "I hate surprises, can you just tell me?" He chuckled, "Nope." Then he tapped my nose walking to his car. I had a mini tantrum than follow suit.

We made it to his house and the whole ride here I didn't say one word. I got out the car walking to his front door still not saying a word. Gabe came up from behind me and slapped my ass. I whirled around, "Don't slap my ass!" He smirked, "Oh c'mon babe, don't be mad at me." He pulled me into him and leaned his forehead against mines. My heart quickened its pace. Damn you Gabriel for being so fucking adorable. I sighed, "Fine, just because it's hard being mad at you when you have a face like that." He chuckled and kissed me, and it just wasn't a peck we were fully making out tongue and all. The front door open and a voice yelled, "Ok you two stop that before I hose you down." Gabe pulled away leaving me in a dizzy state. He sighed at the voice, "Oh is someone jealous?" I looked back to see Levi with a bored stare. He rolled his eyes and looked at me up and down, "At you? Because you have, that?" I frowned. I don't like him not one bit. Before I could say something Gabe got in his face, "What's your deal? Why don't you like Bennie?" Levi looked over at me and glared. "Because, I don't want you getting hurt and he seems like bad news." His voice was sharp and hateful. I exploded, "You don't even know me, how can you go around saying you hate someone you never met. You're just an asshole!" I stormed off heading back into the car.

I've been in the car for a good thirty minutes waiting for Gabe, and since I hate waiting I climbed out the car and went to the front door. I twist the handle and to my surprise it was open. I stepped into the house to hear yelling coming from upstairs. "The fuck is your problem." Gabe voice boomed through the house. "He's my problem, I just don't like him." Levi yelled back. I frowned, I've never done anything to him. I walked up stairs. To try to listen more closely. I made it upstairs to see a door cracked open. I looked through the crack to see Gabe frowning with his arms crossed and Levi mimicking him. Gabe shook his head, "No, that's not it. Why don't you like him, tell the truth." His voice was soft but still had an edge to it. Levi looked at the floor, "I - I just don't want you to just be around him. When I found out y'all was going out I felt like I was being replace." A single tear left Levi's eye. Gabe engulfed him in a hug, "Levi, you don't have to think like that. You're my little brother, you will always come before anybody in this entire world." What he said hurt me a little bit but I quickly got over it because I know that's the same with Elijah and I. I knocked on the door slowly pushing it open. Levi quickly wiped his face not looking at me. "Hey Gabe, my Mom called she said she wants me home," I lied, "Rain check?" He grinned nodding. I left knowing that they should have some brotherly time together.

I waited outside waiting on Elijah to come get me, the door opened and I looked to see Levi. He smiled sadly at me, "Look, I know I've been a major dick towards you, it's just that Gabe is the only person in my life that really loves me and it's just something I need after, my parents." I smiled, "I know exactly how you feel. Like the only person in your corner is your brother. Just y'all against the world." He chuckled, "Yeah, exactly like that." Elijah pulled up honking like crazy. I rolled my eyes walking to the car. Levi grabbed my arm, "Hey, I know you were listen to me and Gabe, thank you." I smiled then winked, "No problem." Elijah honked again yelling out the window, "C'mon man, I got to catch up on my Dexter. You're cutting into my Dexter time." I sighed heavily. "I still hate your brother." Levi said sounding annoyed. "Try living with him." I chuckled getting in the car as Elijah sped off.

As we pulled up to the house Elijah looked over at me, "When did you and the asshole become friends?" I chuckled rolling my eyes, "His name is Levi and actually we have a lot in common." I got out the car going to the door. Elijah came up behind me, "The hell you mean y'all got a lot in common?" I sighed heavily rolling my eyes going to our room. I could hear Elijah behind me. "Hey, you didn't answer my question!" He yelled. "Look me and Levi have a lot in common because we both only have our brothers to protect us, it's always us against the world." I said taking off my clothes to put on something more comfortable. I sat on my bed looking down, "Gabe is literally the only thing Levi has, the only reason he was being a jackass to me was because he thought I was going to take Gabe away from him," I chuckled, "If I was Levi I would be a jackass too." Elijah sat beside me and put his arm around my shoulder. I looked up to see his grinning, "So you left Gabriel's so they could have some time with each other?" I nodded. He pulled me into a side hug grinning wider, "Well c'mon, Dexter isn't going to watch itself." He skipped off downstairs leaving me to laugh at his stupidity. Gotta love my brother.