March 3rd 2016

The Promises

I was getting ready for school when I heard a knock on my door. I went to open my door to see a shyly grinning Xzavier. Xzavier looked me up and down grinning biting his lip. I rolled my eyes smirking and went to my closet and got some white ripped jeans then went into my dresser drawer taking out a lime green button up shirt that Xzavier left. "Ok, you can't just sit there like that and expect me not to react," He said still looking at me up and down, "And you look amazing in my shirt by the way." I smirked as I was putting on my white Vans. I walked passed him and he slapped my ass. I gasped, "Don't get slapped?" He chuckled, "I had to get you to talk some way." I rolled my eyes and begun to walk off but Xzavier grabbed my arms. "Bennie, what's wrong? Is it about yesterday, because if it is..." "No, it's not. I trust you. It's, It's just that I have a lot of things on my mind." Xzavier grinned and wrapped his arms around my waist then kissed my cheek. He put his forehead on top of mines, "How 'bout after school you and me go somewhere special. I promise that there will be no distractions, just you and me." I smirked nodding my head.

All day I couldn't stop smiling, I felt like my old self again. I walked into class and sat at my seat looking out the window thinking about what's going to happen tonight. I heard two seats move around by me. I looked over to see Fallon and Gabe grinning at me. "I see someone's back to their old self. What's got you smiling so hard?" Fallon asked. I shook my still smiling. "I bet it got to do with Xzavier." Gabe said smirking. I slapped his arm playfully rolling my eyes. "Actually, yes it does have to do with Xzavier. After school he's taking me on a date, no distractions no nothing just us two." Gabe just roll his eyes and Fallon just awed. I rolled my eyes looking back out the window grinning.

I was on my phone walking down the hall when I ran into someone. I looked up to see the guy from the locker room. "Hey, watch where you going." He turned around smirked at me. I rolled my eyes, "Hello to you too." I crossed my arms and walked around him but he slammed me into the lockers. "Aren't you going to apologies?" He smirked. I scoffed, "As if I apologies to an ass like you." I smirked as he punched me in my jaw. My head whipped to the side as felt the stinging sensation on my cheek. I smirked as I spit out blood on the floor, "Is that all you got? Fallon hits harder than that." As he punches me in my stomach I fell to the floor as I heard someone yell. "Hey, what the fuck do you think you're doing to my brother Roger?" I looked over to see Elijah and Xzavier running over to me. Elijah punched Roger to the ground as Xzavier came over to me looking me over. "Bennie are you ok? Are you hurt?" He touched my cheek and I winced in pain. He grabbed my arm and dragged me down the hall. "So much for no distractions." I chuckled slightly.

I sat in the back seat with Xzavier as he kept dabbing the ice pack on my cheek trying to make the swelling go down. I winced with each touch, "That hurts." He slowly put the ice pack on my cheek and gave me a worry look. "Why didn't you do anything? Why did you just let him do that to you? Do you like getting beat up and getting thrown around like a little rag doll?" Elijah asked looking at me at me through the rearview mirror. I stayed silent biting my lip knowing that Elijah was right. I never stuck up for myself I always thought that my big brother would save the day as he always does but I have to remember that he can't always protect me and I have to come to realize that. Fallon slapped his arm, "Elijah, you went too far." Xzavier laced our fingers together and squeezed my hand. I looked over at him and he winked making me smirk.

Elijah dropped Fallon and I off while taking Xzavier home so we could get ready for tonight. As I was looking through my closet I couldn't get what Elijah said to me out my head. Maybe he's right, maybe I am just so weak that I need my big brother, my boyfriend, and even my best friend to help me when I'm in trouble. Not anymore I'm not going to them for help anymore I'm going to be on my own, help myself and do what I want. I smirked to myself and reached into the back of my closet taking out two boxes. I turned to Fallon to see her eyes widen but had a sly smirk on her face. "Are you really going to wear those?" She asked seeing her face getting more and more excited. I smiled and nodded going into my bathroom to change. Once my clothes were fully on I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I wore; a black shirt with long gray cardigan, black leggings, black heels that had a silver toe and to top off the look a gray scarf. First, is confidence, if I want to take care of myself I have to be myself. I walked out and Fallon automatically broke out in a wide smiled. "Oh, my, god! You look amazing I know this was a good Christmas present." I went to my closet and got my black fedora hat to finish the look. I looked at myself in my full body mirror smiling at myself. I've never felt so like myself before. Don't get me wrong wearing my other clothes are fine but wearing something that I find appealing to myself is freeing. But, what if Xzavier don't like it what if he looks at me differently? My smiled dropped gradually until it was a full on frown. Fallon frowned at me, "What's wrong Ben?" I turned to her still frowning, "What if Xzavier hates it? What if he breaks up with me because I'm dress like this?" Fallon looked at me like I've lost my mind. She gave a single laugh, "What's there not to like you look amazing and if he breaks up with you over clothes that stupid because last time I checked clothes were just fabric, there's no such thing as girl clothes and boy clothes, if you like it then wear it." I grinned at her and gave her a hug. I heard the doorbell and my heart quicken its pace. "Bennie, Xzavier's here." Elijah yelled. Here goes everything.

I slowly walked out my room looking at the ground feeling my heart race faster and faster the closer I get to the door. I finally look up to see Elijah and Xzavier eyes widen and mouth agape. I bit my lip and smiled shyly at them not knowing what to say. Xzavier opened and closed his mouth like a fish out of water. "Bennie," Elijah started, "Y-You look..." "You look amazing Bennie." Xzavier finished with a grinned on his face. I smiled widely feeling a huge weight lift off my shoulder. "Really?" I asked knowing I had a little glint of hope in my eyes. He nodded, "Yeah, I mean I don't like how you're taller than me but I think I'll get over it," He held out his hand, "Shall we?" I took his hand grinning like there was no tomorrow. Xzavier walked me to his car and opened my door for me. I thanked him and got in the car watching him close me door then jogging to the other sides getting in. As we were driving I seen Xzavier glance at me every second. I sighed, "Is there something wrong?" He looked at me then back at the road shaking his head, "No, not at all. It's just," He looked back at me again looking me over, "You look so amazing, I've never seen you dress like that before, it just caught me by surprise when you came out of your room." I bit my lip, "So? Do you like it?" He grinned looking at the road, "I love it, I love you." I turned my head feeling my cheeks heat up. I looked out the window when I see we were in the middle of nowhere on a highway. I stared at the setting sun as the sparkling stars came into view. "Where are we going Zavy?" I asked looking at the many colors in the sky. He chuckled, "Zavy," I grinned not taking my eyes off the amazing sunset, "Anyways, we're going to this little cabin that my mom and dad used to use since, you know, we never really did anything for Valentine's Day." I smiled nodding my head excited for what's to come.

We pulled up to this cabin that looked so cozy and warm it was so adorable. I got out the smiling, "This place is adorable." He came over to me and took my hand taking me inside of the cabin. He opened the door and it was so amazing he had everything set up from the dim lights to the slow music playing in the background. He turned around and looked up at me which I tried hard not to laugh when he looked at me. "Can you take those shoes off please." I grinned and unzipped them taking them off so I could be the same height as him. He bit his leaning forward and whispered in my ear, "Plus, you won't need them anyway." He nipped my ear a little with his teeth which sent chills down my spine. I bit my lip to suppress a moan, "Is this what you wanted to do. If so then we could of stayed home." I heard Xzavier chuckled then lead me to the couch. He sat me down then went into the kitchen. I sat there looking around admiring the cabin. It was so beautiful, the interior made me feel so comfy. The way that the fire place lit up the room with its luminous light making it have just enough light to make it look dim but not to dark. I took my scarf, cardigan, and my fedora hat off and put them to the side as Xzavier came back with a tray that had two plates, big bowl of chocolate covered strawberries and two champagne glasses full of what I can tell was apple juice. I chuckled to myself, "This looks amazing Zavy. Even the champagne glasses full of apple juice." Xzavier chuckled stilling next to me and chuckled grabbing a strawberry and put it to my lips. I bit into the sweet fruit smiling. Xzavier leaned forward and started kissing my neck making me bite my lip to suppress a moan. This is going to be a long night, and I'm not complaining.