February 18th 2016

A Second Chance

The sound of my alarm clock went off making me groan. I felt around and slapped it off needing more of what I love to do. My door burst open making me sigh heavily. "Bennie, wake your ass up." Elijah yelled. I rolled on my back and opened one eye glaring at him, "Why do you have to be so loud so early in the morning?" Elijah left then Xzavier replaced him with a smile. I couldn't do nothing but smile as I seen him in just a towel and water dripping off his slim but toned body. He closed the door behind him and looked in the closet which confused me. "Umm..." I started. He hummed in respond. "Why are you in my closet for clothes?" I asked sitting up. He grinned at me turning around, "Elijah didn't tell you?" I shook my head, "Well, I moved in." He bit his lip almost looking like he wanted to cry, "I don't want anything like that to happen to you ever again. I want to be here so I can protect you from anything and anyone." The last part he looked up and smirked at me. I sighed brushing it off and went to go get ready for school.

When we made it to school I seen that Gabe was standing in front of the school with his arms crossed over his chested. I sighed knowing that there's going to be a confrontation. "Why is he posted like that?" Fallon said next to me in the back of Elijah's car. I shook my head, "Going to cause trouble." As we got out the car Gabe walked up to us determined. Gabe looked at me and smiled then looked at Xzavier and glared. "Did you think just telling me to stay away would actually make me stay away?" He asked still glaring at Xzavier. I pulled Fallon with me and I just walked pass them not wanting to deal with this. Before we made it to my class Fallon and I parted ways making me walk on my own for the remainder of the way to my class. As I walked into my class everyone was staring at me in sympathetically. I sighed sitting in my seat with my head down. "I don't need all this attention. I mean I love it, but it's not for the right reason though." I thought to myself. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked up to see Joshua grinning at me. I sat up confused but smiled, "Hey, what's up?" He looked out of place if his reddened face was anything to go by. He grinned shyly at me, "Well, um, I just wanted to see how you're holding up?" I grinned at him and nodded, "I'm fine. As fine as I'll ever be." I mumbled the last part to myself. He smiled at me and went back to his seat.

All today everyone was just staring at me with the look of sympathy, I don't need anyone's sympathy. As I was walking to the gym for Elijah basketball practice I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Gabe running towards me with his basketball bag over his shoulder. I rolled my eyes but slowed my walking crossing my arms over my chest. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my shoulder. I nudged him off, "What do you want Gabriel?" His smiled fell into a frown and he stopped in his tracks looking at the floor. I looked back at him seeing that he had a sad expression on his face. He looked up at me, "Look Bennie, I know what I did really hurt you and you should ever right to hate me." I scoffed rolling my eyes. He continued, "But all I'm trying to do is make amends with you, at least be your friend. Is that to much to ask?" I looked at Gabe feeling my face soften. He looked so hurt like he just lost his best friend. I grinned a little, "Fine, if you can prove yourself that we can be friends I'll think about it." He smiled wide and ran up to me engulfing me in a bone crushing hug. I chuckled a little and pushed him off of me and we walked to the gym where there was a pissed couch and an even more pissed looking Elijah. I sighed to myself, "I hope I did the right thing."