Chapter 43

Lauren,(that's her above)

After I got off the phone with renae I searched for my sneakers.

"Uh where you going?" August asked walking in my room. I wiped my face before looking at him smiling.

"Uh just gonna walk around for a bit" I said.

"I can jo--

"No!!" I shouted. He looked at me skeptical.

"Sorry just want some alone time" I mumbled walking past him. I grabbed my bag and walked out the house, I got in the car and she started driving.

"Now tell me the full story of how this happened." She said. I thought back to that day.

Flashback

"Oh hey lauren" Jessica said. I looked to see Emily, Anaya around her.

"Hey girls what's up?" I asked closing my locker.

"Well i heard jeremih was hoping your coming to the party tonight " she said. I raised my eyebrows.

"Why so sudden, I didn't go last time" I said as we walked to lunch.

"Well yeah but he liked you but never had the balls to say it, how about you come to my house and we'll dress you" jess said looking me up and down. I smiled, jeremih likes me. Every girl wants him but he wants me.

"What's wrong with the clothes I wear?" I asked.

"Well um " em and Anaya started laughing.

"This party has a certain attire for girls to wear" she mentioned. I smiled nodding.

"Okay I'll be at your house around six" I said.

"Yeah ok will be waiting, bring some extra clothes to" I nodded walking away. I just got invited to a party.
---------------

It was going on five thirty and I was about to leave with my small luggage.

"Uh where you going" August asked.

"Uh to Lani house why?" I lied. He looked at me as he ate his pringles.

"I thought you didn't like her?" He asked.

"She's my step cousin, I'll be back tomorrow " I said walking out. I blew a breath as I took the shortcut to jessica house. I have a permit but I can't be driving on my own and I'm not taking that risk. I walked by alot of weirdos before I got to her house. She opened the door looking around.

"Mm did your sexy brother drop you off" she asked.

"He has a girlfriend and no" I said walking in.

"You act like I care that he do. Every man needs some fresh punani " she said as we walked upstairs. I scrunched up my face as I followed behind her.

"We already picked out some clothes for you, them two braids gotta go" What was wrong with my braids. I nodded as they started taking them out. It made my hair curly.