3) Away

[Pat's PoV]

It was my third day in the Overworld when I met Jen and actually found out where I was supposed to be going. I was still lost though. I still had no idea how I was going to get in to the palace, who the princess was, or what she even looked like. All these questions swirled in my head, but one kept coming up more than I'd like to admit.

Would I ever get to see Jen again?

All my missions, quests, whatever you want to call them, had two things majorly different than this one. The first thing was that all of them were in the Twilight Forest, where I knew where things were and how that dimension worked. Secondly, this was the first quest involving another person. Sure one mission I was sent to kill the hydra, but that was a monster more bent on destroying the Overworld than my father.

As I was internally monologging I had made it to the city surrounding the palace. It was beautiful. I decided I'd need to get directions again in order to find my way to the palace itself, but as I walked up to a group of people I could hear their conversation.

"Did you hear that the princess ran away?"

"Why would she do that? The queen said she was perfectly happy here."

"I don't know, but Princess Jen must of had her reasons. Not even the Elite Guard can find her."

That's when it clicked. I turned around and saw a missing poster with Jen's face on it. I quickly left she wasn't here. She had told me herself that she was going away.

{Jen's PoV}

Pat. Thats what he had called himself. Ever since we met I couldn't stop thinking about him. He told me he was a Merchant who was attacked by bandits, but my gut feeling told me otherwise. There was something different about him that I couldn't place my finger on.

Thats when I saw it. A missing poster with my face printed on it. It had only been a day or two since I left. At this point most of the kingdom, and maybe even some of the Butt kingdom if my mother and the visiting king and queen made a pact, would be looking for me. Calm down Jen, just calm down. The only person I had seen since I ran away was Pat and...

NONONONONO! He was going to the capital! If he told the guards the direction I went they could easily track me and if not them the Elite Guard! This was bad. I tore down the poster, changed directions, and ran. I ran like my life depended on it.