15) Diamond

{Jen's PoV}

I've had a few weeks of training now and I finally felt  ready to make the portal. My mother was away on a trip to the Butt Kingdom, so they could discuss the arrangements of the treaty further. This was the perfect time to leave. I walked swiftly down to training room to gather armor and my scythe, before remembering you couldn't bring items through the portal with you.

I made my way down to the storage room where my mother kept all of our gold and jewels. As I was sorting though the pile looking for a diamond Lizzie and Joel bumped into me and began to help. They had helped me most when it came to training and Lizzie was the one who gave me the book on the Twilight Forest in the first place, so I knew I could trust them.

I had read that book at least fifteen times now and knew it cover to cover. Soon Lizzie found a sparkling blue diamond and she and Joel bid me farewell as I left. Walking into the forest I made my way to where Pat and I first met. Quickly, I dug a two by two hole in the ground,filled it with water and planted the flowers around it. 

I pulled the diamond from my pocket and threw it into the small pond. Almost immediately the water disappeared and in it's place was a swirling pink portal. Then I jumped.

Sorry for not updating as often. I've kinda put this on the back-burner since school started. So if I don't update for a while that's why. I'm hoping to get another chapter out by Saturday, but then again that may not happen. So no promises. 

-BlueFairy