22) Together

[Pat's PoV]

With the help of Rachael and Anthony we made our way back to the portal. This was all so incredible. I was finally free of my father's influence and, more importantly, I had Jen with me. I was leaving the creatures of the twilight forest to govern themselves, there was never much order anyway. Then we jumped, letting the swirling pink abyss consume us. When we had finally returned Jen was back in her dress and me in my shorts and t-shirt.

We had landed in the clearing where I had first met Jen and she had hit me over the head with a shovel. I felt so long ago and honestly was. Once we were finally back to the village surrounding the castle Rachael and Anthony left to go to the guard station. I looked at Jen.

"It will be ok. Your with me." She said smiling. She held my hand and together we started for the castle. As we were passing a park we heard someone screeching in the most high pitched voice ever. It sounded as if they were screaming something about living in walls. I decided not to question it.

Then I saw the castle. It was almost as large as the one in the Twilight Forest. It was made of marble and dark wood. At the stairs to the entrance two figures spotted us. One who looked to have pink hair ran up to us and practically tackled Jen in a hug. Then I recognized her. She was one of the "Elite Guards" of the Overworld.

"Um..."

"OH!" she said, "I'm sorry. My name's Elizabeth, but everyone calls me Lizzie. No hard feelings about last time."

"Y-yeah. No hard feelings."

Lizzie turned to Jen,

"Should I go fi-"

"No," Said Jen, "We can find her ourselves."

"ok..." She sounded hesitant and as we were walking in I heard the man with Lizzie ask if she thought this was still a good idea.

Jen lead me through the maze of corridors that made up the huge palace. We eventually reached the throne room. Sitting on the throne was a woman. She had long dark hair and green eyes that looked exactly like Jen's. When she saw Jen she dropped the papers she had been reading over.

"J-Jen," She looked like she was about to cry. Jen ran strait into the arms of the other woman. I could see the resemblance between Jen and the woman, who I assumed to be her mother. " Oh, my sweet little girl. I was worried sick," the queen said as they pulled away, " When Elizabeth and Joel told me of your plan I didn't know what to do." The sadness in her voice made me feel bad for causing her daughter to run away for a second time. Then she spotted me, " Is this him?" She inquired.

"Mom," said Jen, "this is Pat. You probably know him as Furious Destroyer though." I bowed as a sign of respect.

"While your respect is greatly appreciated, I need to talk with my daughter. In private. I will have Elizabeth and Joel show you around the palace."

"Of course. Thank you for your hospitality, your highness." I turned to leave, but not before Jen gave me a peck on the cheek. 

Here we go.