11) Betrayal

[Pat's PoV]

Those stupid guards pushed me through the portal. The swirling pick abyss swallowed me whole and I fell. When I finally landed back in the Twilight Forest I was wearing my armor again and I had my diamond longsword and the rest of my inventory back. I recognized where I was and was thankful. I had appeared much closer to the portal than I had when I traveled to the Overworld. 

After about a few minutes of walking, I was really close, I had made it to where the portal was supposed to be. Instead of the circle of flowers connected by the portal, the flowers were gone. Great! This was just perfect! Those idiot guards had closed the portal and you can only open the portal with a diamond which only spawn in the Overworld. 

My day just got better and better. First the Elite Guards found Jen and me, then Jen betrayed me and let them throw me back here, and then they closed the portal. This was the best day ever. I went back to the palace really because it was the only place I could go. When I finally got back to my room I collapsed on my bed and cried.

We were so close. I wouldn't have brought Jen here, I'd have took her far, far away from the palace. We could of been happy. I loved her and now I was stuck here at the mercy of my father's rage. 

This was her fault. She could have stopped them, but she didn't. This is why love was outlawed in the Twilight Forest. It always ended in betrayal.

~~~Time skip~~~

After a few hours of sitting and doing absolutely nothing, my father summoned me to his throne room. When I entered the look on my fathers face could of killed a man.

"YOU IDIOT!" He bellowed, "You were literally ten feet away from getting her here!" 

"I-"

"No! You don't anything! You had one job! One job! And you failed!" He was screaming at me and I couldn't retort anything back. Not like that would help my situation. After he had finally finished his rant and calmed down a bit he asked, "What do you have to say for yourself?" I couldn't think of anything to say. "That's what I thought. This is the first time you've ever failed me. I am curious as to why though. Please explain what happened." 

I was hesitant to say anything. If I let it slip about my feelings for Jen or our friendship I was surly dead. On the other hand though I couldn't lie to my father's face. After a few quick seconds of debating with myself I decided to tell him everything. I left out the part when Jen had knocked me out and my plan to never actually finish the quest. 

When I had finally finished recounting my time in the overworld my father nodded."I see. You let your emotions get the best of you and you fell for the princess."

"Her name is Jen." I muttered.

"What was that?!" My fathers tone changed into an angry one once again. "Anyway," he said calming down, " you must still be punished. You broke multiple laws of the Twilight Forest and-"

I wasn't thinking and I cut him off saying, "But I wasn't here. I broke no laws of the Overworld in the Overworld."

He looked me trait in the eyes and said," Regardless.(Unintended pun!) Guards!" he called. Two guards approached me and my father. "Take him to the dungeon."

"What!" The guards bound my hands, but here I knew what I was doing. I quickly broke the rope bonds and drew my sword. This fight was going to be easy.

OMG! Over 300 reads! Thats absolutely insane. Thank you guys so much. I never thought my story would get to this point. Mainly because I'm an awkward 13 year old who can't write, but anyway... Have a good day/night and thank you again.

-BlueFairy