14) Dream

[Pat's PoV]

Guards began swarming the throne room and circled me, their shields interlocking. I tried to look for an opening even if there was hardly any chance of that. I turned to find the archway leading away. There was an incredibly small chance that what I was planing would work, but it was better than nothing. I ran at the guards in front of me, my sword pointed towards them. 

The circle broke and I ran. I ran right out of the castle and didn't stop till I collapsed out of exhaustion. This was it. I was a fugitive in what I had thought was my own home, I was trapped in this stupid dimension, and there was practically no chance of me ever getting to see Jen again. It was over. Even if I could get back to the Overworld I'd still be one the run from The Elite Guards there. Soon I drifted off to sleep...

When I woke I was in the Overworld. How was this possible? There was no way for me to make a portal without a diamond and the portal was destroyed. Yet the sky was a pale blue with clouds floating across it. Then the scene shifted I was standing in a cell. It was dark and smelled musty. I was wearing torn, black sorts and a black shirt. The only light was coming from a torch on the other side of the door. Again the scene changed. Now I was back in the Twilight Forest. I spotted a portal on the ground and next to it was Jen. She was wearing armor made of silver and a pink metal I'd never seen before. Then I was falling through the portal once again.

I woke with a jolt realizing it was all just a dream. The bright sun of the Twilight Forest was setting and I began to walk. I had no destination, I was just walking away.