17)Unconsciousness

[Pat's PoV]

I had left my helmet in my tent, so she had defiantly recognized me, but I got to speak first,

"Jen?" I was astonished. She was here. She had really come.

"Pat." She breathed. Jen put away her scythe in one fluid motion and I sheathed my sword. We stood there, not wanting to move in fear the other disappear. Then she ran at me and did something I never expected here to do. She kissed me. And I kissed her back. She pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that I-" She was stuttering, obviously embarrassed," I just missed you so much"

"I missed you too" This was incredible she was really back. We began swapping stories about what happened after the portal was closed and I told her the truth about my mission. When she finished retelling what happened to her I felt horrible. She trained for weeks before she came back while all I did was sit alone in a tent. 

"So, um, what now?" I said tentatively.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I'm on the run here and it's just as bad in the Overworld" She thought to herself before saying,

"It's probably safer for both of us if we go back to the Overworld. We can find someplace safe for you to stay and neither of us will have to deal all the crazy monsters from here."

"Yeah, ok. That sounds like a good plan." I said.

We were going to leave the next morning, but unfortunately that never happened. I woke up the next morning to the sound of something or someone moving around our campsite. It wasn't Jen. By the looks of it she was in her own makeshift shelter next to my tent. I had offered to let her sleep in the tent while I stay outside, but she had refused.

Cautiously I looked outside and the moment I was outside the tent I felt the handle of a sword hit my head. It was worse then when Jen hit me with the shovel. I fell to the ground and was fighting to keep my eyes open. I saw Jen emerge from her tent, but another figure bound and gaged her. Then I slipped away into unconsciousness. 

I really love my cliffhangers. Anyway, yesterday I reached 1k reads which is crazy and I wanted to do something special. I decided to do a sort of Q&A thing with you guys. If you have any questions for me please leave them in the comments and I'll try to answer them as soon as possible. 

-BlueFairy

(I already know I probably won't get many or any questions, this is just me trying to interact with you guys more and it will most likely fail...)