6) Captain

[Pat's PoV]

We had made it to the outskirts of a small village. I started walking out of the tree line until I saw Jen staying back in the forest. I looked back and asked,

"Aren't you coming?" I slowly realized why and the question ended as I said it.

"Never mind," I said quickly, "Do you want me to get you anything from the village?" She looked down at her dress.

"Maybe a newer outfit. something more suited for the outdoors or at least a cloak so I can find something myself."

"Alright, just wait here."(Help me! I hate writing dialogue and this conversation sounds so scripted and stupid!)

I walked into the village and found the library. Inside there was a map of the country with a little push-pin where the village was located. Then I saw what I was really looking for. The location of the portal to the Twilight Forest. Yes, I told Jen I would take her somewhere she'd be safe from her mother. That place just happened to be the Twilight Forest. I wasn't going to take her to my father though. I'd tell him she was dead so she won't have to worry about her mother or my father.

The only issue was that the portal was on an island. If we were going to get there we'd need to somehow convince a captain to sail us there. Thats when someone bumped into me.

"AH! Oh my gosh! There's human presence in the way!" I turned to see a man in captains uniform standing next to me. "Where are me manners? I am Captain Cookie."

"Are you a captain?"

"Yes! Thank you for noticing. I am actually the best in all the land. Do you need a boat ride? Afternoon cruise?"

"Actually yes I do. Could you get me and one other person to this island?" I said an I pointed at the Island.

"Of course! Your payment will be telling me who you're going with."

"I'm going with a friend of mine"

"Alright I won't question that at all. Meet me at the docks at sunset with your friend."

After that interesting encounter I went to a clothing shop. Once I was inside I found an outfit I thought Jen would like. When I went to check out the woman at the counter said,

"A gift for your girlfriend? How thoughtful of you. Since you seam(Haha, sewing pun.)to be a trustworthy young man it's on the house." Then she quickly ushered me outside with the clothing. Outside I started back to where I left Jen.

Quick authors note to say Captan cookie's first line is a legitimate thing my friend said to me once and I wanted to include it. Anyway have a good day/night.