21) Over?

{Jen's PoV}

The Lytch King regarded me in an odd way. First he stated my name and title but added on to it. Them he turned to a man in dark armor. It was nicer than the rest of the guards', he must of been the captain or something. He ordered me taken to the dungeons and two guards immediately began to drag me out of the throne room. I was able to lock eyes with Pat to try and give him a reassured look. Im not sure that worked though.

Outside one of the guards left and the other untied the rope around my ankles so I could walk. Slowly we started to make are way down to the dungeons. When we were finally on the staircase down the guard was standing behind me and I drew my scythe. I tried to swing it at him, but he deflected the blade and ran at me. His sword caught my arm and he grabbed my hair pulling me back. The guard now had an arm around my neck to try and keep me still. That wasn't going to work. I jumped, rearing back and pulling the guard over me. His head hit the ground hard, he was out cold.

I cut the bonds on my hands and took the piece of fabric around my head to tie around where I was cut by the sword. My scythe in hand I began to ascend the stairs, until I saw Rachael, still without her helmet, coming towards me.

"Jen! Where's Pat?"

"He's still in the throne room with the Lytch King. Please, can you tell me how to get there?"

"Go to the top of the stairs, turn right, and go through the third set of doors. I can distract the other guards. They're still outside the main doors."

"Ok. Thank you."

Together we made our to the top of the stairs and then split up. I ran down the hall. The first door. Second door. Third door. As quietly as I could I opened the set of doors. Peering in I saw Pat and the Lytch King locked in battle. If I was discrete enough I'd be able to catch the Lytch King off guard and help Pat. Slowly I walked across the room. When I was behind him I raised my scythe. The sound of the blade cutting through armor and flesh made them both freeze...

The Lytch King fell, Pat stared at me with disbelief, and I pulled my scythe from the Lytch King's back. Blood stained the pick blade. I sheathed the weapon.

"J-Jen..." He dropped his sword, the diamond blade rattled against the cold ground. "I'm so sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen." I hugged him, crying against his armor. I didn't care that I looked weak. We knew it was all finally over.

or so we thought...