03. Blue

SORRY THIS IS SO OVERDUE AH I DIDN'T REALIZE HOW LONG I DIDN'T UPDATE ):  SCHOOLS BEEN BAD AND UGH. but i hope that my thanksgiving post short oneshot thing made up for it ish. if you haven't read it yet, it's called six degrees of separation and it's on my page! (': also, i'll have winter break starting from dec 21- jan 6 and hopefully i'll be able to write more (: AND OH MY GOD, THANKS FOR 209,000 READS ON SCORE??? THATS SO INSANE OH MY GOD, I CRIED WHEN I SAW THAT. thank you so so so much! 

*ps; i recently saw stuck in love and its this amazing movie about writers, i totally recommend 25/10. you're gonna see it a lot in this story, just warning you. also, i actually bought some blue orchids from my local store a few days ago and they're gorgeous (: 

___________________________________________________________

Selena's POV: 

I'm so bored. 

There's only so much you can do whilst uncomfortably averting your gaze from undoubtly, one of the most attractive guys you've ever seen. I hate him so much, but I'm not going to lie that his appearance is easy on the eyes. When I feel a vibration from my pocket, I slowly slip it out to check who has tried to contact me. An envelope icon covers my original background and I cautiously tap on it to see who could possibly be texting me. 

From: Mum

"I'm staying over a co-worker's house. We have to discuss more sketches for the upcoming deadline. Find something healthy to eat for dinner, finish your homework early, and sleep well. I probably won't be back in the morning so find a safe ride to school. Mum x." 

She didn't even say "Love You" like she used to. 

I sigh heavily as I stuff my phone back into my pocket, closing my eyes, feeling discomforted by everything that has just been crashing down on me. 

"I'm done," a raspy voice pants in front of my face and I slowly re-open my eyes to be greeted by bright green ones.

"Let's go," he offers, well more like shoves into my face demandingly, his hand and I take it cautiously as he pulls me up. I smile weakly at Ed, his trainer, and the two of us leave without another word. Once we enter the car, silence overtakes us and though I enjoy that he's not verbally attacking me, I need a little something to disrupt my thoughts; I need music to overpower them. Not caring that I probably have no permission and will get scolded for, I pull out a CD from my backpack that I carried with me everywhere, and jam it into his car player, ignoring his confused and probably angry eyes. 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Just let me listen," I snap, unable to handle anymore of this shitty day.

He raises an eyebrow at me before growling, "Don't you dare talk to me like that ever again."

I bite my tongue to prevent the annoyed "whatever" from slipping my too carefree mouth as I press play. The minute the first few beats sing in the car, I'm in complete bliss. The memory of that one summer when my parents dragged the whole family to a beach house vividly plays in my mind and I smile. It was one of my best summers and where I had my first love experience, a real one that didn't involve my mother's fake match-making. His name was Logan and he had ruffled brown hair and bright blue eyes that resembled the pacifying ocean at it's calmest hour. It started off as just a little summer fling where we met at a outside concert where he was a guitar player in an indie rock band, but it grew into more as we realized our same passions in English and Psychology. Well, all good things end. He knew I had to return home in two weeks, my mom demanded that once we returned home, I date Gregg, some posh gentleman that happens to be one of her acquaintance's son, and Logan fell in love with an older woman. Pretty much, my life sucks romantically.