31. A Night To Remember

since i can only put one picture per chapter, i'll put her look in a later one as a picture taken this night 

_________________________________________________

Selena's POV: 

"So, how did he ask you?! Tell us everything," Eleanor gushes as my cheeks retain that familiar pink color. I proceed to tell them story of the pizza and us dancing in the living room.

"That's adorable," Danielle clasps her hands together, staring into the distance dreamily. Rolling my eyes, I smile to myself as we go through racks, searching for prom dresses. 

"Yeah, it was nice," I mutter mostly to myself. I just wish I wasn't so easily hurt and that maybe I can stop letting his mistaken words haunt me and prevent me from showing how much I actually do care about him. Harry has hurt me probably more times than I can count, but I still love him endlessly, whether I want to or not. 

"None of these match my skin tone," Perrie pouts as she rummages through, searching for a light-colored dress to show off her flattering features.

"I think I'm going to go with this one," Eleanor selects a lilac purple gown that trails to the ground. It's light and has chiffon fabric that heightens her already present grace. Danielle and Perrie continue to search, leaving me to myself in a corner towards the back of the store I haven't explored yet. There are an abundant of dresses lining the wall and I figure it must be a hidden recluse from the public eye. To my surprise and utmost satisfaction, my eyes land on a beautiful piece that radiates elegance.

A smile creeps on my face before I bring it to try on.

Harry's POV: 

"Got the first text!" Louis yells into my ear, giving the whole lot a headache.

"What is it?" Zayn tries to peek over his phone.

"Light purple," he zooms in on the photo of a swatch of fabric that appears to be Eleanor's dress.

"Why the fuck do you care what color her dress is?" I scoff. This is stupid.

"Because," he emphasizes, "we have to match our ties to it."

"Why? That's a shit lot of trouble," I state obviously.

"We just have to, dude," Liam pats me as I roll my eyes. We file into the tuxedo shop to get fitted and I honestly feel incredibly uncomfortable. The man keeps asking me damn questions and I don't know how to answer any of them. Scratching the back of my neck, I reluctantly pull out my phone and hesitantly send a message. Watching the other guys made me feel guilty. Even Niall who doesn't have a date is trying to look his best.

To: Selena

"Babe, what color is your uh dress?" 

I tap my feet a few minutes, waiting patiently for a response. We have finished the actual tailoring part and are now just searching for the right shades on our ties. 

"Should I go with a bow-tie or stay original?" Niall takes a seat beside me.

"Does it fucking matter?" I glance at him. I honestly have no idea how this works considering I never wore a suit ever. He shakes his head at me, begging me to answer. Sighing, I point towards the bow-tie which causes him to crack a grin and happily pick it up. 

"I think you should go with the original tie so Selena can pull on you," he laughs and it almost sounds like a giggle.

"What?" 

"It'd be cute, trust me," he winks. Sometimes I wonder how he ever wandered into our gang. My phone buzzes to my relief and I use the distraction to get my mind off all this overwhelming business.