28. You With Me

so for like one day, this story was #766 in fanfiction. and it may not sound like much, but to me, that means the absolute world to me. i've never gotten a ranking so i like cried when i saw it. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING AROUND AND READING THIS. i know, compared to score, this story is very slow and like not as fun, but it's because i was less busy that year, and wayy more motivated. it was my first real project and i knew how i wanted everything to go, how to phrase it and everything. this is, not gonna lie, really hard and at times i wondered why i even started because i never had so much trouble with an idea of mine like this. but i want to finish...and im disappointed it's been over a year and this is still not done even though it's shorter than score...so yeah. sorry for this long reflection, but i wanted you to know i will definitely get this story completed. SO SORRY FOR THE INSANELY SLOW UPDATES.

ps; i read these sonnets for homework and the meanings are so beautiful to me

 ALSO THE BOYS ON SNL OH MY GOD I LOVE THESE IDIOTS

_______________________________________________

Selena's POV: 

"So, your boyfriend doesn't know you're here?" I hike up a few steps of the rocky trail before turning around to reply to the voice.

"Nah. He's with these fighters. It's the first time he refuses to be with me, because it's too 'dangerous'," I quote while rolling my eyes.

"Well, those guys are scary," Nick chuckles as we trek higher.

"You think? I don't know about you, but I feel like I can take them down," I joke, raising my arms and kissing my right, barely existent bicep.

"I'm sure you can. You are one tough girl," he winks as we both burst into silly chuckles, our already pent up breath mixing in the morning air. It is five in the morning and the winds have no mercy, biting us, almost enjoying the sight of our shivering bodies beneath. Nick texted me asking if I wanted to go on a walk with him, seeing as we are good enough friends.

"You know, I'm really glad I didn't have to go to your place and beg your boyfriend to let you join me."

"You were really determined to get me to come, huh?"

"There's no one else I could have gone with, Selena." The sigh in his voice catches my attention as I stare at him, perplexed by his words.

"What do you mean?" Once we near the top, we both take a seat on a huge boulder near the edge of a cliff-like area. One can see the whole view of Cheshire from here and the sight is breathtakingly majestic. The sky is flushed with pink hues as if it were blushing after the sun kissed the horizon good morning. 

"The brink of dawn is beautiful, huh?" he scoots closer to me and I nod, inhaling the sweet scent of the lingering mist. 

"Yeah."

"I'm in love with Demi," he blurts and I'm surprised at his sudden outburst.

"God, fuck, I am so emotionally invested and irrationally, but irrevocably in love with her. And seeing her with Sterling is fucking killing me. I thought I could move on or forget about her by getting to know you so when she told me she wanted me to meet you, I was ecstatic. But, you're taken and I know that even if anything were to escalate between us, it wouldn't be the same damn thing."

"And I fucking hate it." 

Slowly, I glance at his face, taking in his bright cheeks, unsure if the pink tint matching the sky is from the piercing cold or the rush of feelings. His voice is scratchy and cracking, eyes rimmed a bit red, hair disheveled. 

"Nick..." I whisper at the distraught boy.

"I can't tell my brothers because it's too awkward. I sure as hell can't tell my ex-girlfriend who always suspected a thing between us. I can't tell anyone. Because, it's not just a girl, but it's Demi. I've practically grown up with her. You're the only one I can tell. I trust you."