34. Styles

trying to be realistic here (just saying)

also i am so screwed i have so much homework to do ): 

______________________________________________

Selena's POV:

"Don't forget to attend the summer-wear preview as well as the main spring show," Mum instructs as I nod, "and don't forget the homework when you're back."

"I got it," I roll my eyes playfully. Putting on a simple ditsy floral romper, I clip a braided section of my hair on the top of my head before getting my bag ready with pencils and papers to write comments on the shows.

Throwing on a simple black cross-body with rose-gold straps, I slowly walk into the elevator in a pretty happy mood. I feel free, important, and independent. There's no curly-haired boy following my every step and I can see whoever I want or go whereever I want. There's a whole beautiful country to explore and I'm just having the time of my life. 

The past few days, Luke has taken me all around Spain in my free time. He had rented a helicopter and we got to see Madrid, Barcelona, and Ibiza as well as the views of Ronda, which has a magnificent bridge that spans the gorge between the new town and old town. We watched a football game and I cheered like hell, walked around Barcelona shops, climbed mountains, and relaxed at beautiful beaches. We also went cycling and drove through the Andalucia mountains. The sights I've seen are so beautiful and I am blessed to be able to witness them and document them on my camera. 

I still did as my mum wanted though and did some research on the upcoming presentations as well as working on homework Tyler, Ross, Niall, Louis, and Liam nicely messaged me.

As the elevator dings, I stride out and push the glass doors where a sleek, black, private car is waiting for me. Looking out the window, I admire the sight and kindness of the strangers here. The sun is shining and my skin is probably glowing. I felt better than I did in ages. 

Arriving is like a fresh breath of air. I am immediately greeted by photographers as I blindly find my way through the crowd towards the black seats. Once I find my mum's name taped to the back of a chair, I sit down, pulling out my notebook.

"Um," I feel a tap on my shoulder as I look up to see a guy looking confused.

"Uh, yes?" 

"These are seats for designers and models belong back there," the guy chuckles. 

"Oh, I'm not a model," I shake my head sheepishly, "I'm Anna Gomez's daughter and I'm subbing in for her assistant."

"Oh, sorry about that. You're just really beautiful," he chuckles, "I'm David, the editor of GQ magazine." 

We don't say anymore words as the show begins. Girls file down the runway in swimsuits and I sigh at how my self-esteem immediately lowers. I'm so glad Harry isn't here.

Harry. I frown, realizing he hasn't left my thoughts yet. Persistent to get him out of my mind, I focus on the show again as it transitions to the dresses. Women in lovely pieces saunter down the aisle, arms clung around guys in matching silk ties. Writing some notes down, I fill up three pages with comments on color schemes and material used. To my delight, I glance up and notice Nina in a silver prom-style gown, with sparkles on her chest and the back-line plunging deep. Surveying around the room, I find Ian snapping as many photos as possible, catching all the wonderful angles of his gorgeous fiancee. A smile finds its way to my face as I hope to one day have a relationship as sweet and genuine as theirs. 

Niall's POV: 

I sit lazily on the sofa. Harry hasn't left his room in days, always with Tyler and Dylan helping him with studying. Zayn and I are just lounging around while Louis and Liam are out buying some take-out food for us. When Harry used to keep Selena over all the time, she would volunteer to help cook homemade meals. With the growing distance between the two, we're not forced to rely on food that is decent, but not nearly as delicious.