25. Tell Her

SORRY FOR GOING THROUGH TIME SO FAST AND THE LACK OF POV'S

ALSO I'M REALLY EXCITED BECAUSE I'M GOING TO THE AMA'S IN LIKE 9 HOURS!!!!!!!!!! i have far seats so i probably won't meet any of the stars but i'll be breathing in the same air as like 100 of my favorite people that i've only seen in music videos and what not so i'll settle for that ☺

___________________________________________________

Selena's POV: 

Once I sense the low vibrate of my phone, I sit up in Harry's bed, my hair a mess and his t-shirt slipping off my shoulder. It is currently four in the morning, and looking out the windows, the skies are still dark and silent. Today is Christmas Eve or also, as he never lets us forget it, Louis's birthday. After that day we went ice-skating, Harry has been easing up to participate in activities together. Occasionally, we would both go jogging in the morning and then stop by Anne's to see her and Gemma. Seeing the relations between him and his family tighten makes me smile ridiculously. I'm happy he's warming up.

Also, my mum came home one day while Harry and I were having a pillow fight in the living room with the couch pillows. To say she was upset was an understatement. I remember how horrified I was to see her in the door with her bags, tired after traveling from continent to continent only to find me messing around with Harry. I had to awkwardly introduce them to each other and when she found out this guy, the same one who yelled at her rudely months previous, is now my boyfriend, she was frustrated. It was obvious she wanted to lash out at me and yell but she refused to treat me that way in front of him, with fears that he may see and think it is acceptable to deal with me in that manner. Although her reasons seemed a bit convoluted, I thanked God for her patience and decisions. She surely isn't too fond of him, but she manages to keep her judgment to herself, and then to me after he leaves.

And, she's coming home from Paris tomorrow morning. When she texted me an apology for leaving me alone but promising to be back for the holidays, I went out to purchase a gift for her--her favorite perfume that is only available in stores once a year. We have our annual Christmas dinner tomorrow night and it is the first time I am spending some quality time with her. I want to bring Harry along but I'm not too sure how that will go for both of them considering their attitudes toward each other are tense. 

Deciding to worry about that later, I look to the boy with the sleepy smile, resting happily. I know I have to wake him up soon even though it's super early. Eleanor wants to throw a surprise party so she easily convinced Louis to stay over her home for the night while she expects us to decorate the apartment and finish the food. I volunteered to bake the cake much to Harry's utter dismay. Zayn and the girls are working on decorations while Niall and Liam clean. The whole house is filled with busywork and with El's strict demands, we were all scheduled to wake up this early to begin. 

"Harry, get up," I nudge the heavy weight but he does nothing. He just continues to keep his eyes shut, his lips mumbling words I can barely understand. Sighing, I just get myself out of bed reluctantly. The cold contrast to the warm confines of the bed makes me shiver and regret leaving. My first plan is to turn on the heater so I won't freeze; when that's done, I look back to see Harry still snoring away peacefully. Walking closer to the dork, I consider letting him rest longer and just baking the cake by myself. I smile at how young and innocent he looks in his sleep and my heartstrings are tugged at the sight. Before I turn around to head out of the room by myself, I catch a few words falling from his mouth that makes me freeze in my steps.

"Sel, I love mmouh," the last word muffled by the pillow when he suddenly turns on his back. Damn. 

Is he dreaming?