42. You and Me

if you watch IIsuperwomanII on youtube and you get to a certain part (WHATS UP BOOK REFERENCE??) 

also that poem was not written by me, so creds to whoever it belongs to

_______________________________________

Harry's POV: 

I lean down and this time that I press my lips against hers, she doesn't fight back or remove herself. Instead, she stands on her tiptoes and wraps her arms around my neck. Oh, how I've missed this. She smells like strawberries and her lips are soft and inviting as I hum in delight, smiling in between.

"Sorry I didn't buy a ring," I whisper when we pull away and I lean my forehead against hers.

"It's okay. I don't need one," she laughs before attaching herself to me again. 

I can get used to this.

Niall's POV: 

After almost the whole summer of just having fun on vacation trips, camping, and exploring cities, we finally have to get serious and focus on moving in for college and what not. Harry has decided to get a small apartment in Oxford so he can stay there and Selena can go home to him after class everyday. From Oxford to Holmes Chapel, the distance is about two hours and ten minutes, but the two mutually agreed to come home once a month or more. 

Danielle is going to a dancing school and Liam is going to the University of London to be close to her. She's going to be living in a dorm with girls, so Liam rented himself a small place in the heart of London where he can commute to school and visit her whenever she's not busy. Zayn was accepted to the University of Arts London, which is no surprise. Luckily, his school is only seven minutes away from Liam so he's going to be living with Li. Perrie had dropped out of school and was working on a singing career, but promised to visit her boyfriend as often as possible. Eleanor and Louis both go to Manchester University, where I'm sure Louis will join the football team. 

Meanwhile, I didn't know where I wanted to go. It took me a while to decide where's the best part for me. I wanted to be near some friends and after looking through all the schools, I chose the community college in Oxford since it seemed pretty decent and also, it allowed late admission. So, I'll get to have classes with Haz and although he protested, Selena managed to convince him to let me live there with them. I always knew I loved Selena more.

Not to mention, I get her homemade meals everyday! I cheekily grin as I imagine all the memories we'll make. 

Selena's POV: 

Since the accident, Demi has taken Ross in to their household since he practically already lives there with the amount of time he spends with Laura. The two are surprisingly moving to Malibu for a music program and though I'll miss them, I'm glad they can pursue their dreams happily with no threats around them anymore. 

Nick finally got the balls to confess to Demi, even though it was a bit soon after the whole "I-discovered-my-boyfriend-is-insane incident," but much to his utmost joy and surprise, she said she always liked him but she never thought they worked out so she tried dating others.

Tyler is happily reunited with Allison and she was shocked he told her that Harry's one of his friends now. She still seems a bit scared to meet Harry again so Tyler promised she won't have to until she wants to. Dylan actually met this red-haired girl in one of the summer seminars his school offered and he's been into her since then.

Luke, Calum, Ashton, and Michael are now on their tour and sometimes we Skype, with Luke always claiming he wants to meet Harry.

"He's kinda scary," I warned him.

"I have a lip ring. I think I can handle him," he winked back. 

Luke promised to come visit with the rest of his lads near the end of summer before I begin college. I smile at how everything works out. 

My eyes wander around the shelf as I pack the last box, wrapping it with tape so I can get ready for the move. Two arms wrap around my waist and I laugh, feeling his hair tickle my side.

"Well, hello to you too," I roll my eyes before setting the box down. Once I lower the heavy cardboard, I see a tattered leather notebook sitting on the bed.

"Is that the one I gave you?" I softly turn my head to him.

"Mhm."

"Can I see it?" I tentatively reach towards it before resisting, wanting his permission first.

"Yeah," he shrugs, "there's nothing for me to hide from you anymore." Carefully, I flip open to the second to last page.

"She was day,
and I was night.
And while I was dark,

she was light.

We fit together like dreams
and a midsummer night.
In fact, it's quite easy to say
that when we come together,
we truly ignite.

What I see is that
there's something about the
Girl
with a beautiful soul
and a smile that illuminates
even the
darkest of minds
And makes me entirely
Whole.

That, right there, is
something to cherish
It's certainly not easy to
come by, but we will
continue to strive
because when I find
something good in life,
I genuinely try."

I run my fingers over his inked words and I gently flip the pages, finding more of his random thoughts spilled all over the pages, beautiful words etching out his real feelings. After thumbing through the beginning and skimming through his raw emotions, I return to the end of the filled out journal.

"'Cause it's you and me against the world now

"You used up the whole book," I comment.

"I can write a whole fucking collection just about you," he nuzzles his face into the crevice of my neck as my heart flutters at his words, the spoken ones just now and the written ones.

"You and me both," I close his book and think of what I can possibly create when I begin my creative writing major.