15. Somebody To You

SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE! i actually got out of school six days ago, but i had massive writer's block and a lack of motivation to do anything. like honestly, i just slept a lot and well, slept. a good thing though is that, 13 days ago, i went to "the night before our stars" which is the day early premiere of the fault in our stars and i really loved it (: shailene woodley and ansel elgort and nat wolff and of course john green are amazing. 

also, I LOVE THIS SONG. the vamps never disappoint and + demi? the music video is a favorite of mine and also, the beautiful laura marano is in it (: 

btw, anyone watching world cup too? DEMPSEY'S GOAL! (GO US!!!!!!!!) i always want to talk about the games but i realized this isn't score and i can't just keep talking about football/soccer randomally anymore )":

______________________________________________________________ 

Selena's POV: 

I glance at Harry, seeing his hardened persona slowly crumble, nerves secretly etched in the corners of his face that I have never seen him wear before. He seems lethargic, moving slowly with hesitance and dragging his feet before finally reaching the couch. When we are across from Anne and Gemma, I notice Harry awkwardly standing and I unconsciously sigh before sitting down and nudging him to do the same. Finally seated, Anne opens her mouth to speak and I immediately feel Harry's instinct to wrap his hand around mine, squeezing for some sort of comfort. 

"I can't believe you're here, healthy and happy," Anne begins, her voice soft and slightly worn out, as her eyes water.

"I'm not healthy or happy," Harry raises an eyebrow at her, words sputtering out bitterly as if they taste like poison.

Anne bites her lip as if the simple gesture can reverse or take back her previous words whilst Gemma rolls her eyes, frown prominent on her face. The tension in the air is palpable and I feel uncomfortable, even squirmish under the circumstances. I turn to glance around the room, noticing the other boys slowly retreating back to their rooms to avoid any forms of confrontation and I long to do the same.

"I'm going to get a glass of water in the kitchen, if you'll excuse me," I clear my throat and stand up though Harry's grip does not loosen one bit.

"I'll come with you," he grumbles as he slowly comes to his feet to join me but I shove him back down.

"No you won't. You'll stay here and talk. I'm not involved anyway so I might as well just get it myself," I attempt to bargain with him but he makes it clear that my words don't faze his actions.

"If you're leaving, I am too," he raises his eyebrow, silently communicating that there is no arguing about it. I sigh but decide to head to the kitchen anyway with him in toll. I gently close the door behind us as I fold my arms across my chest.

"What?"

"Can't you be nice? That's your flesh and blood out there," I nudge towards where the two women are hidden behind the entrance to the kitchen.

"Yeah, who I haven't seen in like years. Am I even considered family to them?" he scoffs, reaching behind me to get a cup of water as well.

"You guys are always family, no matter what," I frown, running a hand through my hair.

"Why does it bother you so much?" he rolls his eyes, "It's not even your business."

I don't know how to reply to that so I stay silent, sipping my water and averting his gaze. I'm getting tired of his rude behavior and I want out. I guess I care because I feel for Gemma and Anne who I already have grown close to. The fact that Harry won't simply answer questions politely and treat the two girls who have watched over him with respect utterly baffles me. I feel terrible for them for having to deal with this when they should not. Biting my lip, I feel the guilt for promising them closure and reconnections when it seems impossible to achieve.