19. Misery Business

this is so long overdue oh my god i am so sorry!!!!! i've just been having the worst writer's block and meh. i've also started driving lessons and i always feel so tired afterwards so i just crash. i am sooooo sorry!! but on the brightside, i am also working on a short story thing for someone who requested so long ago (: it should be done soon and it will also be harry/selena wahoo!!

_________________________________________________

Selena's POV:

I swipe the last counter before tossing the dirty rag in the back of the store as Hayley approaches me, her hair newly dyed again--this time the left side is a bright light pink, the middle marking the distinction between the two colors, showcasing the contrast.

"So, you coming over before the gig tonight?" she grins widely, sitting on top of the counter without a single care in the world, swinging her legs.

"What do I have to come over for?" I raise an eyebrow at her, curious about the unnecessary meeting. A week ago, Hayley complaiend to me that we've been friends for a few months now and I haven't even seen her perform once, so I agreed to come to her next performance which happened to be here in the evening. Harry rolled his eyes at the suggestion and scoffed saying that he could pull off the same performance if he ever bothered. I believed Hayley was as amazing as she claimed her band to be but pretended to give Harry the benefit of the doubt just so he'd stop degrading her. Although his behavior suggested playfulness, it still bothered me when he insulted others.

"We have to give you a small make-over and plan your outfit. You have to be dressed for the jam to feel the complete experience," she winks cheekily and I shake my head laughing at her extremely outgoing personality that just bursted spontaneity and excitement. Harry refused to watch her but after knowing I was going to go, he reluctantly agreed to tag along though he claimed it was mainly to watch over me.

The past month has been better, as it is now October. Harry and I consistently talk and he's managed to not act like a dick for most of the time which I considered a huge improvement. Liam and Danielle have been attached just like any new couple desperate to spend time together and Eleanor and Louis are only growing closer than before especially now with their parents' approval. When Louis revealed the story of how it went, it sent most of us into shock at the calmness of how they approached the situation and I had internally hoped that if I were ever to feel romantically involved with Harry, that my mother would be as understanding.

I don't know what Harry and I are. We're certainly closer than friends should be, considering how he basically forces himself into wherever I sleep each night, whether it was my own bed or his room. He claimed that he seriously couldn't sleep without me and though I want to roll my eyes at his overly-attached self, I can't help welcoming him to rest beside me whenever he begs.

"So, don't be late. I have to head down afterwards," she points an accusing finger at me as I nod, temporarily setting aside my thoughts to give her my undivided attention.

Harry's POV:

"Lock up, will you?" Hayley stuffs her hands in her leather jacket before heading towards the exit. I see Selena nod, smiling beautifully as usual, before shuffling towards the back of the counter to do a last minute check up. Taking advantage of her distraction, I quickly latch onto Hayley's arm before she can leave, constantly tilting my head back to ensure that Selena is busy and not listening to us.

"Hay, you know what's tonight?" I raise an eyebrow at her, trying to be as discreet as possible.

"Yeah," she rolls her eyes, "You're going to ditch halfway into the gig, aren't you?"

"I need you to keep her away, okay?" I can sense the annoyance as she mumbles a simple 'whatever.'

"I mean it," I place my hands on her shoulders, slightly gripping to make sure she realizes how serious this is. I never want Selena exposed to that.