39. Alive

some of these upcoming chapters will be shorter, sorry in advance x. 

__________________________________________

Harry's POV: 

They wouldn't let me in with her as soon as we arrived to the emergency room. No one was allowed in and though I don't take instructions from anyone, the nurses claimed the more time I spent arguing with them, the more time I'm wasting when they can be helping the doctor attend her. That shut me up.

My feet is tapping up and down and my leg is shaking uncontrollably. I've never had to be here for someone before. Hayley got in contact with her parents when they started calling her cell phone to ask where she was this late at night. At first I was surprised as hell a man accompanied her mum and I accused her of spending more time with a stranger than her own daughter, only to find out it was Selena's dad who apparently woke up and was released.

I can't believe she didn't tell me.

Now, I look like a total asshole. 

Not to mention, the minute her mum walked in and saw me, her features immediately twisted. She was so angry and for once, I let her be. If it weren't for me, Selena wouldn't be here. Fuck. 

We all sat in plastic chairs, waiting for them to do whatever shit they had to do. It was agonizing not having a single fucking clue about what's going on inside. My eyes felt like they were going to fall out from everything I've been through. I've barely gotten any sleep since Selena refused to be with me and I didn't know how to chase the nightmares away myself. Plus, I've been stressed with trying to do all this school stuff. 

The minute the door opened, I stand up first, not wasting anytime to question the hell out of the doctor.

"What's going on?" I ask rather aggressively but manners aren't my top priority. 

"Are you all here for Miss Gomez?" he skims over his clipboard before addressing our group of nine. Hayley, her manager, the boys, and her parents all crowd closer to the doctor as we nod and he clears his throat with news.

"Well, you guys are very lucky. The bullet was shot through the side of the abdomen, passing through the muscles surrounding the abdomen but never entering the true abdominal cavity at all. However, it doesn't seem like that unless under deep medical scrutiny, hence why it looked really messy and bloody. Fortunately, we were able to pull it out with little to no damage on any organs and stitch it back up. Though, she did lose a lot of blood and after the traumatic pain from the penetration, she will be asleep for a while. You can still go in to see her if you please, though we suggest not all at once." 

"When will she be awake?" I ask right after he finishes.

"Probably give it a day. When she wakes, we'll need to run a few check-ups and keep her around for two or three more days to make sure she's all patched up and fine. Otherwise, it isn't too bad," he nods to us before heading to treat other patients being wheeled in with less severe circumstances.

"Me first," I notify everyone but Liam tugs on my arm, holding me back.

"What?" 

"I think Mr. and Mrs. Gomez should go in first. It is their daughter," Liam raises his eyebrow and I sigh. I don't want them to hate me more so I reluctantly let them enter. Her mum frowns a bit at me as her husband wraps an arm around her waist, the two going in. 

"Yeah, their daughter that I'm in love with," I roll my eyes as I lean against the wall near the doorframe, waiting for the second they exit so I can go in.