21. Flowers

sorry for the lack of other POV's! this took so long because of the research...i highly recommend looking up the place after reading (: i hope you can enjoy the pictures as much as i did when looking it up ^__^

_________________________________________________

Selena's POV: 

After a while of consistent door-banging and grunting, the disruptive noises cease to an end, relieving me. I figure he wouldn't keep up making a scene this late at night for so long; he'd be tired as hell and the last thing he needs now is another run-in with the cops, knowing they'd come and check up on us if the neighbors complain from the sounds. Thank God.

I look at the ceiling since sleep seems so difficult for me now. The blankets are continously pulled up even though I know that if I tug anymore, I'd cover my whole face with the soft cotton. There's a growing restlessness within me and I don't know how to stop it but I want it to be gone. It's gnawing at me and my heart feels heavy, laced with stress and just utter confusion. Hurt. It hurts.

Oh, fuck sleep. I throw the covers off, and flick on the nearby lamp on my bedside table, and pull a favorite from under my pillow. 

"A lot of you cared, just not enough." 

My heart reaches out for Hannah Baker, who was lost and horrifically trapped in misunderstandings, false reputations, and society standards. As I get myself comfortable and cozy, leaning up against the headboard of my bed with fluffy pillows to cushion my head, a small shriek erupts from outside the door, forcing me to pause. Sighing, I ignore it. I'm way too comfortable to be bothered; reverting my eyes back to the book, I continue Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher to my utmost delight.

"Selena!" a hoarse voice calls out and I exhale heavily, slightly aggravated. My anger dissipates when I hear it's not the usual demanding call but more of a hopeless wail. When I stick a quick bookmark in between the pages I stopped at, I proceed to turn off the light then pull open my door. My feet travel quickly, my steps lightly pad against the wooden floors and I find Harry once again thrashing, cheeks painted a vivid red, much similar to Niall's skin complexion when he's sunburnt or piss drunk.

I freeze right in front of him, body paralyzed and mind numb as my heart palpitates. Instead of the familiar calling of his mum and sister, my name leaves his lips desperately and frantically.

Harry's POV: 

After giving up on attracting Selena's attention, I sink down against her door. She'll come around; she always do. It's just that tonight is not my lucky night. Trudging, I slowly collapse onto the nearest sofa which happens to be in a corner near the outside of her room and adjacent to another room. A bookshelf sits by it, filled with literary masterpieces, a glass menagerie, and single photo frames with bright smiles between the crevices. I smile lazily at the sight of Selena beaming with the beautiful city lights behind her at night before my eyes flutter shut and my head hits the soft cushioned area.

My hands sweat and my heart races. I'm here again. I haven't been here for so long the setting almost feels foreign yet too creepily familiar. This scene hits me with a gut-wrenching fear. As per usual, my feet are glued to the ground and no matter how much strength I muster to escape, I'm forced to stay here and watch whatever atrocity plays out.  

I almost expect to see my beautiful mum standing there, her cries filling in the air and my dad to ignore her. My sister will be seated on the couch watching silently, thoughts racing her much more mature mind. However, to my complete and utter dismay, my mum's nowhere to be seen and neither is my father or Gemma. Instead, I see Selena, face wet from tears and covered in bruises.