One

"Yes!" Your father yells from the stands as you hit the puck past the goalie. "That's my daughter down there!" He jumps around like an idiot and you feel embarrassed and annoyed.
*****

"Dad you need to tone it down a bit." You say as he walks you from the game. "But why? You won! I like to feel like I had something to do with that." You roll your eyes. "What do you want for dinner?" He asks as you walk. "Pizza?" You shrug and he nods slightly, unlocking the car doors. "I know these four guys who love pizza."

You frown slightly, looking at your father with a confused expression. "Who?" Your father didn't have friends. His work didn't call for socializing. He barely had time for you. "Nevermind." He says and drives towards the pizza palace.
*****

"Look I got a call from your teacher." Your dad says as you sit in the car, leaving the pizza palace. "Oh?" You ask, pretending you didn't know what he was talking about. "Yeah. She said you haven't been doing homework and your test scores are nonexistent." You gulp and try to find an excuse. "You realize this means you can't play, right?"
*****

At home you stare at your bedroom ceiling. Your dad had just yelled at you for failing (worst class). He was really mad because if you didn't bring your grade up you couldn't play ice hockey. You knew how much your dad loves hockey.

Laying in bed, you thought of how to tell your father you wouldn't be doing hockey anymore. He'd be crushed. You couldn't do it. There was only one way out of this.
*****

You ran down the road, a hood covering your face and a bag over your shoulder. Your plan was to run away to your mother's, but your father would know better so you ran to the sewers.

Water splashed around your feet as you ran through the tunnels. You had to find a place that was dry. Suddenly you heard voices behind you. You panic, thinking it was the police. You fell out of an old tunnel and found yourself laying on a grate.

The room was dark as you looked around. The voices got closer and you quickly run through an opening. A blinding light stopped you in your tracks. You thought they had found you. You look around blinking constantly. You say a door and went through it.

You waited for a long time, hidden in the small room. You cover your mouth as footsteps near the door. "Don't tell me what to do, Leo." A gruff voice says in front of the door. The door opens and your eyes widen.

A large shadow looms in the doorway. Your wide eyes stare at it as your hand covers your mouth. The figure wasn't human. You knew that. You just didn't know what it was. The door slams and you flich as the creature moves into the room turning on a light.